The simFlight Network Forums

Using offsets in the User Area

Hi people,

I'm developing my own Glass Cockpit suite and was wondering if I could use a set of offsets in the user area of the FSUIPC memory. Things like EFIS values, FMS values and the like will be stored there, much like Project Magenta does. I just wanted to get confirmation before I start writing somewhere and may get in the way of other software when I publish my package, and the Programmer's Manual also says I should contact Pete on this. So here I am ;)

I'm developing my own Glass Cockpit suite and was wondering if I could use a set of offsets in the user area of the FSUIPC memory. Things like EFIS values, FMS values and the like will be stored there, much like Project Magenta does. I just wanted to get confirmation before I start writing somewhere and may get in the way of other software when I publish my package, and the Programmer's Manual also says I should contact Pete on this. So here I am ;)

Okay, Please work out roughly how much you need. Try not to be too wasteful -- for instance, for BOOLEAN flags use bits in a byte or word, not whole words and so on. Allow a little leeway for future changes, then write to me at petedowson@btconnect.com. I'll need a name for the project as well as your name so I can record it in my allocations.

Regards,

Pete