The simFlight Network Forums

Reverser Axis for Dreamfleet B727

I have the following problem and wonder if Pete can help:

- I have configured the middle slider on my CH Yoke USB joystick to the Mixture axis in FS.

- I have calibrated the same axis as a JET only reverser in FSUIPC, and from what I see the values are changing as I mode the slider.

- Once I start FS and get into the Dreamfleet B727 panel, using the reverser for the first time will work fine (reversers engage), but moving it back again nothing happens. It would appear the reversers get stuck in the closed position, and moving the slider has no effect.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Nikos Terizakis

- Once I start FS and get into the Dreamfleet B727 panel, using the reverser for the first time will work fine (reversers engage), but moving it back again nothing happens. It would appear the reversers get stuck in the closed position, and moving the slider has no effect.

Test it on a default aircraft. If it is something peculiar to the Dreamfleet 727 then you really need to ask them. All the reverser is doing in FSUIPC is sending appropriate negative thrust values to all engine throttles. The usual problem is that the normal throttle(s) is/are not quite in idle, but that stops you going into reverse, it doesn't stop you coming out.

Does the 727 go into reverse using the F2 key to keep decrementing thrust? If you do this till it gets to maximum reverse, does it come back out gradually on pressing F3?

Regards,

Pete

Test it on a default aircraft. If it is something peculiar to the Dreamfleet 727 then you really need to ask them. All the reverser is doing in FSUIPC is sending appropriate negative thrust values to all engine throttles. The usual problem is that the normal throttle(s) is/are not quite in idle, but that stops you going into reverse, it doesn't stop you coming out.

Does the 727 go into reverse using the F2 key to keep decrementing thrust? If you do this till it gets to maximum reverse, does it come back out gradually on pressing F3?

Regards,

Pete

It does not go back into reverse, but it does come out of reverse, after the first time reverse is tried. Will try the calibration of the throttle axis and the default aircraft and let you know. I have a sneaky suspicion, now that you mention it, that it has to do with throttle calibration.

Cheers

It does not go back into reverse, but it does come out of reverse, after the first time reverse is tried. Will try the calibration of the throttle axis and the default aircraft and let you know. I have a sneaky suspicion, now that you mention it, that it has to do with throttle calibration.

Cheers

After calibration it now 'does what it says on the box'! Thanks Pete!.

Cheers