The simFlight Network Forums

loss of fsuipc capability

just started my fs 2004 and got message saying some of the fsuipc programs i wanted to use could only be used in a registerted version. i purchased fsuipc when it first was offered as payware. what is the problem?

What message was that? It doesn't sound familiar. What does FSUIPC on the first options page in FS (ALT M F)? Version number? What does it say about registration? Maybe your FSUIPC.KEY file got deleted?

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for responding. I can't get the message I cited back, however when I go to the first option page it says "FSUIPC Version 3.50 30 August 2005. This copy is unregistered. It will not provide full functionality." I checked the FS modules folder and all the FSUIPC files are there. I haven't deleted anything from my FS 2004 folder in months so I don't know what happened to my registered version.

Ken :(

I checked the FS modules folder and all the FSUIPC files are there. I haven't deleted anything from my FS 2004 folder in months so I don't know what happened to my registered version.

Is there an FSUIPC.KEY file there? Have you reinstalled Windows, or rolled back to a previous Restore point? Both of those may destroy the registration.

It sounds like all you need to do is re-register, using the same details you originally received. If you have the KEY file they will be in there, or in the backup you made.

There's only one version of FSUIPC, not a "registered" and "unregistered" version. They are the same, only you registering makes any difference.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

There is no fsuipc.key file in the module folder. nor in the backup folder.

Haven't reinstalled windows or used restore program.

Well, in that case, either FSUIPC has never actually been registered, or someone or something has deleted the KEY file. The remedy in either case is to register again.

Regards,

Pete