The simFlight Network Forums

i simple question....

Hi folks....

i have an enigma in my mind... there is a way to detach a secondary window of FS9because i would try to set to full screen only main window and for example a secondary windows with 2dpanel remain in windowed mode.... i have possibility to do this?!? WITH a FSMODULE.DLL that i will create.....

Thanks...

Fabio

there is a way to detach a secondary window of FS9because i would try to set to full screen only main window and for example a secondary windows with 2dpanel remain in windowed mode

I think that depends entirely upon the video drivers & card you are using, and the mode they are set into. You are best asking in the FS2004 forum -- this is the sort of thing some folks certainly do manage.

However, I do think there's a problem with FS2004 remembering the positions on multiple screens next time to load FS, even if you save a Flight with them all set. I have read that folks need to undock and move the Windows each time. Also, you may need to do that with FS in Windowed mode, then put it into full screen mode afterwards. But i'm not sure --- I think, again, it depends on the drivers and video modes set.

WITH a FSMODULE.DLL that i will create.....

Ah .. doing it by program? Hmmm. It may well be possible, if you know Windows programming very well. The main problem will be locating the correct Window handles. All FS's child windows seem to of the same class ("FS98CHILD"). You'd need to investigate with MS's Spy++ I think.

Regards,

Pete

i have tried to get FS98CHILD... i obtain that ...but if i cast HWND pointer to a FS98CHILD type?!?!?

Sorry, that makes no sense. There's no "type" called FS98CHILD. That's just a Class Name. HWNDs are always of type HWND. You only use the Class Name to register a new window or to find one of that class. For all other Window activities you use the handle (HWND is a Window Handle).

Pete