The simFlight Network Forums

Need a very simple gauge programmed - will pay if necessary

I need an ADF gauge programmed to "fail" - ie return to the neutral 90° position - on a particular keystroke input, then return to operation on re-pressing that keystroke. This is to emulate the ANT antenna mode operation on the Bendix/King TR87 ADF unit that activates on pressing the ADF button.

That's it - could anyone please PM me if you are interested in this, I'm willing to pay using Paypal for someone to do this for me, or I'd be terribly pleased if someone's already done it and has it in their bag of tricks.

There are plenty of packages out there that will do this with a mouse press on the screen radio stack, but I need something that I can access with a keystroke input.

I need an ADF gauge programmed to "fail" - ie return to the neutral 90° position - on a particular keystroke input, then return to operation on re-pressing that keystroke.

Have you tried writing non-zero to the "Fail ADF" byte at FSUIPC offset 0B64? From a key press or button you'd simply use the Offset Byte Set control in the Keys or Buttons page.

If that works and you want a toggle on one button or key you'd need to use Offset Byte Togglebits instead with a parameter of 1.

Pete