The simFlight Network Forums

LDS 767 Reverser and Spoiler Calibration

Hi Pete

I'm using a CH Yoke and pedals with the LDS 767. I recently meddled with my FSUPIC settings and now can deploy both my speedbrakes and reversers but can't stow them. The only way to stow them is by dribbling on a bit of forward thrust and let the 767's logic cancel reverse and bring the speedbrake in.

I've gone into the settings and the values I get for the spoilers under the reset button are:

IN: 7040

OUT: 16394(deployed)

IN: -7040

OUT: -16384 (stowed)

and for reversers:

IN: 16193

OUT: 11776 (deployed)

IN: -16193

OUT: 9030 (stowed)

I'm a total newbie to fiddling with FSUIPC so if you could indulge me as a layman on how to fix this I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Ben W

I'm using a CH Yoke and pedals with the LDS 767. I recently meddled with my FSUPIC settings and now can deploy both my speedbrakes and reversers but can't stow them. The only way to stow them is by dribbling on a bit of forward thrust and let the 767's logic cancel reverse and bring the speedbrake in.

Taking the speedbrake first, do NOT test these on the ground. FS has a habit of deploying 100% if you are on the ground, and then you can't get them back down. Check them in the air.

There should be no relationship between thrust and speedbrake -- or rather, there is none in either FSUIPC or FS. The logic in the LDS 767 may be doing something though. In the real aircraft, on the ground the speedbrake would normally come up full automatically two seconds after touchdown and only retract when you raised the thrust again to taxi off the runway.

Maybe it is this latter action, trying to simulate the real thing, that is confusing you? This is really a question for LDS support, as it is totally independent of how you calibrate -- the speedbrake/spoiler axis can be calibrated in FS without FSUIPC, FSUIPC is only adding more precision.

As for reversers, I assume you mean you have calibrated a spare axis/lever for a reverser in FSUIPC? You don't say. You also don't actually say what is wrong with the reverser? Hoever, the values you show for the reverser calibration don't look right. If those have come about through FSUIPC calibration there is something wrong. I'll investigate here and get back to you. Please tell me the Version number of the FSUIPC you are using -- that is always essential information!

Regards,

Pete

Okay, I found out what is wrong with your Reverser calibration. You have (possibly by mistake) set a "Slope" for that Axis.

Unfortunately the slope mechanism cannot work for the below-centre parts of asymmetric axes, and in the case of reversers, in fact there's only the below-centre part, if you see what I mean!

Even if you don't see what I mean, the remedy is easy. In the FSUIPC calibration page for the Reverser (page 7 for the single reverser), click on the "Slope" button and adjust the slope to be a straight line (it'll have the number '0' underneath the graph).

The reverser calibration should then work fine.

In the next version of FSUIPC (3.51, due out early December) I shall disable the Slope option for the reverser axes to make sure it cannot happen accidentally again. Thank you for discovering this oddity!

Regards,

Pete

Yup, that was it, the spoilers deploy and retract in the air but only deploy on the ground from the spolier axis and you were spot on about the slope. A couple of keypresses and my reverse and spoilers are back on form, now my virtual passengers are unruffled once again 8)

Thanks Pete!