The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG 737 and Goflight

Hi all, Peter,

My setup is as follows.

I have an Goflight MCP, and an RP48 with a couple of other modules.

When I programme the 737NG with fsupic I do not get any lights showing on any modules. Do I take it your GF Display utility will sort this out for me? If so how does GF Display work? Will this sort out my problem on the MCP and RP48?

Also I take it from reading the forums, in the 737PMDG the fuel run/cutoff switches I use a goflight T8 for this. When I programme with goflight software and flick the switches they do not move in the sim?

I am told I may have to use a MS keystrokes for each engine fuel run/cutoff? However I cannot for the life of me find which one from MSFS this might be, it does not seem obvious??

Thanks in advance.

Mark P

When I programme the 737NG with fsupic I do not get any lights showing on any modules.

The facilities in FSUIPC for programming buttons and switches have no knowlege or facilities for driving displays or indicators.

Do I take it your GF Display utility will sort this out for me?

No, but it may help you sort it out. There aren't any magic solutions until GoFlight and PMDG come up with some agreement to work together.

If so how does GF Display work?

Is the documentation too obscure? It uses the facilities provided in the GoFlight SDK to drive the displays according to parameters you provide. How much more do you need to know? If you want technicalities, first download the GoFlight SDK then ask specific questions, but preferably ask GoFlight support, eh? ;-)

Will this sort out my problem on the MCP and RP48?

It is unlikely -- unless you can hack into PMDG code to find out where they store the information you need, and how to convert it. The do not publish anything useful.

Also I take it from reading the forums, in the 737PMDG the fuel run/cutoff switches

All jet aircraft have some way of switching the fuel flow to the engines on and off, for engine starting and cut-off. Obviouisly the PMDG ones do too.

I use a goflight T8 for this. When I programme with goflight software and flick the switches they do not move in the sim?

Do you assign the switches to whatever keyboard short-cuts PMDG assign for those?

Sorry, but I really cannot undertake to support either GoFlight or PMDG products, and especially not both at the same time. You must ask your questions of the appropriate support.

I am told I may have to use a MS keystrokes for each engine fuel run/cutoff? However I cannot for the life of me find which one from MSFS this might be, it does not seem obvious??

If they use the standard default FS methods, then they use the Mixture Full Lean for cutoff and Mixture Full Rich for start. I advise you to first try a default FS aircraft, for which these things are documented by Microsoft. When you can start and stop the default Jets, try the PMDG ones. From what you are saying you seem to be trying to run before you can walk?

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for getting back to me on that.

My main question is that i don't think you completely commented or you did to say that it would not work as i need to hack pmdg code to make lights on my goflight modules work with the PMDG? Would GFDisplay not sort out my lights working on any of my modules like P8, RP48?

Maybe I have got the wrong end of the stick as normal!!

Thanks again and sorry to ask lots more question that i may have asked already!!

Mark

My main question is that i don't think you completely commented or you did to say that it would not work as i need to hack pmdg code to make lights on my goflight modules work with the PMDG? Would GFDisplay not sort out my lights working on any of my modules like P8, RP48?

Where any of the PMDG indications are actually the FS indications, yes, you can make them work. But where PMDG have their own, separate, indications and displays, then, no, since we don't know where they are or how to read them they cannot be displayed externally.

GFdisplay interfaces to FSUIPC, and FSUIPC is able to read just about everything (but not quite) in FS. But it cannot read proprietary values which are contained only in third party code, as is the case with most of the PMDG stuff.

Until and unless PMDG release information on how to interface hardware to their panels then I don't se that anything can be done. And they've expressed no desire to do so, quite the reverse, except for specific drivers they may bring out for specific hardware (as, for example, is the case for the Engravity CDU I think).

You need to hammer on PMDGs and GoFlight's doors to get them to agree. I'm afraid there's nothing I can do. I've tried my best to persuade PMDG to no avail.

Regards,

Pete