The simFlight Network Forums

Lower icing limit ?

There is upper icing limit option in FSUIPC

That only applies to weather set via FSUIPC's weather interface.

Is there any way to increase ice building ratio via FSUIPC ?

No. Sorry. That sounds like an option you want to request of your favourite weather program.

Regards,

Pete

can lower icing limit can be also set for this external weather programs ? If not in current version maybe in future ?

Not at present. I can make a note to add something like that, but I can't see why you would want it. Surely not all clouds cause icing? Isn't the weather-creating program in the best position to decide, based on things like temperature, cloud type, thickness, and altitude?

Please persuade me;-)

Pete

can lower icing limit can be also set for this external weather programs ? If not in current version maybe in future ?

Well, I didn't get persuaded ;-) but it was so easy to do, it will be a facility in version 3.51 of FSUIPC, being released this coming weekend. However, the facility is not in the on-line options. You will need to edit a MinIce parameter in the FSUIPC.INI file. It will only be documented in the Advanced Users documentation.

Regards,

Pete

Thank you Pete for that new FSUIPC feature. Sorry I didn't persuade you , I was a little busy with my life & work.

I asked for that feature mostly due to very slow icing building speed even on severe level. It's to slow in my opinion and based on my icing knowledge. With moderate icing level set as lowest icing level possible, flight into icing conditions should be little more challenging now.

regards

Zonki