The simFlight Network Forums

Quick question

I have a quick question. I am wanting to find out if it is posible to use fsuipc to change a spefic view angle in fs2004. Eg I have a panel that right now is set to 40 degrees from the vertical. I want to be able to adjust that angle. The variable for this is in the panel config. As this panel is a bomb site I am hoping to make the angle adjustable. This way it can be set for different altitudes and airspeeds. I figured I would ask if it possible before going thru all this material in the sdk to learn how.

Thank you for your time.

Robert

I am wanting to find out if it is posible to use fsuipc to change a spefic view angle in fs2004. Eg I have a panel that right now is set to 40 degrees from the vertical. I want to be able to adjust that angle. The variable for this is in the panel config. As this panel is a bomb site I am hoping to make the angle adjustable. This way it can be set for different altitudes and airspeeds. I figured I would ask if it possible before going thru all this material in the sdk to learn how.

I'm not sure. I will have to search the "material" in the SDK for youthe only "material" to search, BTW, is the one document, the programmer's guide. You just need to load it up and use word search for likely terms.

First, though, let's be sure there isn't a simple control you can use. Is this the view of the outside world from the cockpit? If so don't the normal adjustment controls (e.g. those by default assigned to Shift+Enter and Shift+Backspace) do the job? If not those, what about the 'eyepoint' controls? If you can be more explicit so I can understand, maybe there's a much easier answer than you think?

First try looking through the FS2004 controls list (included with the FSUIPC Zip). Any control can be sent through FSUIPC's interface at offset 3110 if you want to do it by program.

Searching the Programmers guide, as promised, all I can see which is specifically to do with views is the byte at offset 3126, but that's really only for the main quadrant views, at best. The other view things are to do with tower position.

Regards,

Pete

The view I want needs to be set up so when the panel is brought up the spefic view is there by default. I then want to be able to adjust teh angle as needed in game. I have this set up in the panel config by changing the default rear view. using the built in controlls would take to long as the end user needs to be able to switch back and fourth between the bombsite and the main panel quickly. As each view will be looking in a different direction it makes it difficult.

The view I want needs to be set up so when the panel is brought up the spefic view is there by default. I then want to be able to adjust teh angle as needed in game. I have this set up in the panel config by changing the default rear view. using the built in controlls would take to long as the end user needs to be able to switch back and fourth between the bombsite and the main panel quickly. As each view will be looking in a different direction it makes it difficult.

Well you have the "forward, left, right, back" view controls which are as fast as the graphics would allow, then the more gradual up/down incremental ones. But, yes, if you need to views at some pre-calculated angles before engaging them (or as soon as), I can see the difficulty.

Sorry, but I have no answer to this. I really don't know where such values are stored. This is something I would endeavour to look for in future versions of FS, but I am afraid that I really don't have the sort of time needed to hack further into a two-year old version. Sorry.

The author of ActiveCamera probably knows how to do these things. Maybe he would give you an interface to control things through his code?

Regards,

Pete