The simFlight Network Forums

Problem With FS 2002 FSUIPC Error Message

Dear Peter:

Hello! I got a little bored with my current line-up of aircraft in FS 2002 and decided to add some new ones, DAL100.ZIP, L100-30.ZIP + L100-301.ZIP(patch), both different versions of the Lockheed L 100-30 Heavy Airlift Freighter, plus the fantastic HERC2K2.ZIP panel. However, I had a FSUIPC error message appear which I've never seen before, and was hoping you or someone else, can offer some advice on how to solve the problem.

After FS 2002 appears, and I choose the L-100 from the "Select Aircraft" window, FS 2002 then continues to load as normal. After the aircraft appears, when I change from one window view to another, this message appears:

"One of more programs you are using is not accredited for access to an unregistered copy of FSUIPC.Please see the FSUIPC log for details."

I have never seen this message appear in the past, and am certain it's because of these two aircraft and panel. Both aircraft and panel are really nice, and I'm not knocking them. I know the people who wrote these (and others like them) have put a tremendous amount of hard work, effort and time into them so others, like me, can enjoy this hobby more. Also, I'm running FS 2002 "Professional," GeForce Nvidia 5200FX Graphics, 512mb Ram, Windows XP O/S, etc., etc.

I don't know what add-on installed FSUIPC to begin with, or what else needs it to work, so I am really nervous about the idea of deleting the FSUIPC module entirely. I am really stuck, because something is causing this message to appear, and I'm not sure how to go about fixing it. I tried the freeware access keys which you published in a earlier post, but none worked.

I'm not trying to get around buying a copy of FSUIPC. If purchasing a copy of FSUIPC from the simflight network shop is the best/only way to fix this problem, them I'm willing to spend the money, just wanted to know if there was another way first....

Best Regards,

Joe Denoyer

EFFC 411

"Devil 505"

"One of more programs you are using is not accredited for access to an unregistered copy of FSUIPC.Please see the FSUIPC log for details."

I have never seen this message appear in the past, and am certain it's because of these two aircraft and panel.

One or both includes a Gauge which accesses FSUIPC, and it has not got an access key. Your FSUIPC is not user-registered so you don't get automatic access for every program. Please read the earlier parts of the FSUIPC documentation for details of registrations and access.

I am really stuck, because something is causing this message to appear, and I'm not sure how to go about fixing it.

Really stuck? Did you not even bother to follow the suggestion in the error message and look at the FSUIPC Log file for details? It will often be possible to identify the culprit gauge from that. Then you might be able to find the proper key, if it has one, or be able to eliminate that gauge if not.

Pete

Pete:

Thanks very much for the quick response, but I was hoping for a reply which was a little less curt and abrupt than the polite, pleasant question

I posted.

Yes, for your information, I did bother to read the FSUIPC log file.

I did'nt understand the information posted in the log file, since I have never designed aircraft, panels, gauges or scenery. I only posted my question after checking to see whether anyone else had posted concerning a similar problem. When I said I was really stuck, I meant exactly that.

Regards,

Joe Denoyer

I did bother to read the FSUIPC log file.

I did'nt understand the information posted in the log file

Show me it then so I can interpret it for you. Normally it is pretty clear, but if not then I can help, given specifics.

By the way, I too have never designed aircraft, panels, gauges or scenery, and I know very little about them.

Your best recourse for any add-on aircraft which won't run is the author, as he is the only person who really knows what it does, what it consists of. All I can do is try to help you identify which part of which aircraft might be responsible, but even then some are written in ways that even that is impossible without trial-and-error, disabling each gauge in turn.

Just show the log, we'll take it from there. You must surely know which aircraft is responsible, as the error will only occur when you try to load it.

Regards

Pete

Dear Pete:

Thanks for your quick response again.Here's the information you asked for from the FSUIPC Log File:

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.135 by Pete Dowson *********

User Name="Joseph A Denoyer"

User Addr=

FSUIPC not user registered

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=0000B027[0000B027]

InitDelay: 3 seconds

DebugStatus=0

51172 System time = 09:10:39

51172 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2002\

70453 FLIGHTS\MYFLTS\Joe Flight A.flt

71000 AIRCRAFT\Dash7c1\dash7.air

90094 System time = 09:11:18, FS2002 time = 09:11:11 (13:11Z)

221984 AIRCRAFT\L100-30B\c130.air

237500 FLIGHTS\MYFLTS\UI Generated Temporary Flight.flt

238859 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

264484 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

264484 ADVDRV.DLL has been patched for weather and other variables

264484 Saving original winds by Window Position Changes

264484 Everlasting rain/snow fix installed

280125 FS98 Pressure=1013.2 mb

280125 FS98 Wind0: ground (623ft) to 99373ft AGL, dir 0M, vel 0, gust 0, turb 0

280125 FS98 Vis: range=150sm, (raw value=15000)

280125 FS98 Temp0: to 623ft, Day 15.0C, NightVar 15.0C

280125 FS98 CurrTemp at PlaneAlt=633: 15C

294719 WeatherOptions set, now 0000B027 (timer=0)

294719 LogExtras changed, now 1

294828 ### FS2000 Global Weather Active (allows external control) ###

294828 >Change: FS98 Pressure=1013.2 mb

294828 >Change: FS98 Vis: range=150sm, (raw value=15000)

294828 >Change: FS98 Tstorm: type=0, from 0ft to 0ft (+/- 0ft), cover 0, turb 0, ice 0

294828 >Change: FS98 Cloud1: type=0, from 0ft to 0ft (+/- 0ft), cover 0, turb 0, ice 0

294828 >Change: FS98 Cloud2: type=0, from 0ft to 0ft (+/- 0ft), cover 0, turb 0, ice 0

294828 >Change: FS98 Temp2: to 0ft, Day 0.0C

294828 >Change: FS98 Dewpoint Control: disabled

294828 >Change: FS98 Precip Control: disabled

294828 >Change: Pressure=1013.2 mb (Target is 1013.2)

294828 >Change: surface wind: to alt=99997ft AMSL, dir=0T, vel=0.0, gust=0.0, turb=0, shear=0, var=0.0

294828 >Change: Visibility[0]: range=150.0sm (241402m), from=-1500ft, to=6000ft

294828 >Change: Temperature[0]: alt=0ft, Day=15.0 C, NightVar=15.0 C, DewPt=15.0 C

294828 *VIS* SM: Min=0.00, MaxRny=0.00, MaxOvc=0.00, MaxCld=0.00, MaxClr=0.00, Upper=60.00, FT: LwrAlt=6000, UppAlt=25000

294828 Results: Visibility[0]: range=150.0sm (241402m), from=-1500ft, to=6000ft

294969 AP READOUTS: Flags1=00000000, Flags2=00000000

302313 Results: FS98 CurrTemp at PlaneAlt=633: 7C

303688 Results: FS98 CurrTemp at PlaneAlt=633: 10C

304828 Results: FS98 CurrTemp at PlaneAlt=633: 12C

380922 Client Application: "fs2002" (Id=332)

380922 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2002\fs2002.exe

380922 Product="Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002"

380922 Company="Microsoft Corporation"

380922 Illegal read attempt: offset 0B78, size 4

380922Program not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

386953 Illegal read attempt: offset 0B80, size 4

386953 Illegal read attempt: offset 0B88, size 4

386953 Illegal read attempt: offset 0B98, size 4

386953 Illegal read attempt: offset 0BA0, size 4

386953 ### IPC Message processed in 6062mSecs ###

FS 2002 itself, also flight I created using this aircraft, L 100-30 Lockheed

Heavy Airlift Freighter, DAL100.ZIP (a/c) + HERC2K2.ZIP (panel),

which I suspect is the culprit, will load without any error messages appearing.The error message I described earlier only appears if you change from one panel view, yoke (window#2) using shift + 3, to zoom (window #3) using shift +4.This is the only window view change it seems to happen with. Also,the aircraft will function normally after pressing "ok" in the error message window, with no other error message windows appearing.

Does this shed any light on the problem????

Regards,

Joe Denoyer

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.135 by Pete Dowson *********

This version is really very old (getting on for two years!). I cannot support old versions. Please download the latest from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson. Current is 3.50, though later today version 3.51 should be available from the same place.

You seem to have turned Weather logging on. Please don't unless there is some problem with weather that you are looking at.

Unfortunately, the aircraft problem you have is not resolvable with any freeware (or payware) access key. This is the reason:

380922 Client Application: "fs2002" (Id=332)

380922 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2002\fs2002.exe

380922 Product="Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002"

380922 Company="Microsoft Corporation"

380922 Illegal read attempt: offset 0B78, size 4

FSUIPC is indicating that the PROGRAM making the illegal call is FS itself. This means that the Gauge is using an external method to link to FSUIPC. This has NEVER been legal or correct, and such a gauge cannot be accredited. This has been the case since soon after FS2000 came out, so I suspect this aircraft, or at least some of the gauges in it, date from FS98 or early FS2000.

You have two choices. Either pay for FSUIPC user registration, or do something with that aircraft (AIRCRAFT\L100-30B\c130.air). Either not use it, or find the culprit gauge and remove it. This is a helpful clue:

The error message I described earlier only appears if you change from one panel view, yoke (window#2) using shift + 3, to zoom (window #3) using shift +4.This is the only window view change it seems to happen with.

If you look in the Aircraft's PANEL folder, you will find a Panel.CFG file. Load it into an editor, like Notepad. The parts you are selecting with Shift+1 to 4 will be indexed near the beginning. From there, looking through, you can find the part which Shift+4 should operate. It will have a number of Gauges listed for loading. One of those will be performing the illegal access to FSUIPC.

Also,the aircraft will function normally after pressing "ok" in the error message window, with no other error message windows appearing.

That's because FSUIPC only shows the error message box the once, so you know it is rejecting all calls from the culprit gauge. The log may still fill with its illegal entry attempts, however, and whatever it is that it is trying to do will not be working.

Judging from the locations it wants to access, the gauge is some sort of fuel monitor, possibly also a re-fueller/jettison control? This should make it easier for you to find and remove.

If you do remove a gauge remember to renumber the entries for any following gauges -- they need to form a single sequence.

And please update your FSUIPC.DLL before coming again. Okay?

Regards,

Pete

Dear Pete:

Thanks for coming back with a response so quickly again.I will give what you suggested with the gauges a try later this w/e,also will buy a current,up to date copy of FSUIPC.As I don't use downloaded weather info, or fly on-line, is it necessary to update WideFS also???

Thanks again for your patience and help!

Best Regards

Joe Denoyer

I don't use downloaded weather info, or fly on-line, is it necessary to update WideFS also?

WideFS has nothing whatsoever to do with downloading weather nor flying on-line. WideFS is for Networked PCs, to allow you to run FSUIPC applications on other PCs.

WideFS won't run unless you've paid for it, so I don't know wehat you are thinking of updating?

Regards,

Pete

Dear Pete:

Just a short post to update you on the status of the problem with the FSUIPC error message I described in my earlier posts. Your advice that it may have been a fuel gauge which was causing the problem was absolutely spot on! Once I went back into the panel .cfg file and deleted it out, everything loaded up without any trouble at all.

One thing you may also find a little odd, was the gauge causing all the trouble was in a panel view which should have only had the six primary flight instruments, altimeter, VSI, attitude, etc, etc, in it. So why it was asking for a fuel gauge, God alone knows, maybe a typo, huh?

It was'nt until after going back and rereading your earlier posts about WIDEFS I realised I did'nt need it at all. When I first read the FSUIPC log file it said something about "WIDEFS not user registered, or expired," so that's why I was'nt sure....

Anyway, purchased, downloaded, and installed FSUIPC v 3.51 Saturday, 10/12/05, without any trouble at all, everything humming along quite well, etc.

Thanks again for all your help and patience!

Best Regards,

Joe Denoyer

Your advice that it may have been a fuel gauge which was causing the problem was absolutely spot on! Once I went back into the panel .cfg file and deleted it out, everything loaded up without any trouble at all.

One thing you may also find a little odd, was the gauge causing all the trouble was in a panel view which should have only had the six primary flight instruments, altimeter, VSI, attitude, etc, etc, in it. So why it was asking for a fuel gauge, God alone knows, maybe a typo, huh?

Yes, that is a bit strange. Maybe the panel designer was going to put it somewhere but couldn't find space? ;-)

everything humming along quite well, etc.

Great! Good flying!

Pete