The simFlight Network Forums

FS action into a keystroke on a client ??

Guest Ian Bennett

Guest Ian Bennett

hi pete,

thanks for you reply about the situation on donations

Go payware with fs9, and i hope it will all start to work fine.

my question :

is it posible to make a FS action into a Keystroke on a client ?

I would want toggle_afterburner1 ( action in FS2002 server computer) to become CTLR-S in Project Magenta's EICAS on a client computer

a bit like a keysend but it would be a actionsend

I read all doc about FSUIPC and wideFS but could note find such a posibility

Is there a way to do so ??

Thanks

Ian bennett

Guest Ian Bennett

hi pete,

thanks for you reply about the situation on donations

Go payware with fs9, and i hope it will all start to work fine.

my question :

is it posible to make a FS action into a Keystroke on a client ?

I would want toggle_afterburner1 ( action in FS2002 server computer) to become CTLR-S in Project Magenta's EICAS on a client computer

Thanks

Ian bennett

I don't really understand I'm afraid. "Toggle AfterBurner1" is an "action" by whom? You, the user, presumably? How do you do it? By pressing a button or or key, again presumably? So it's the same as programming a button or key in FSUIPC's buttons or keys page, is it not? If so, then you can use KeySend.

Or am I completely misunderstanding you?

Pete

I don't really understand I'm afraid. "Toggle AfterBurner1" is an "action" by whom? You, the user, presumably? How do you do it? By pressing a button or or key, again presumably? So it's the same as programming a button or key in FSUIPC's buttons or keys page, is it not? If so, then you can use KeySend.

Or am I completely misunderstanding you?

Pete

Guest Ian Bennett

hi

no yiou did not get my point :

i mean a FS2002 state, as ALTITUDE = 100 or speed above 50 etc

i want a FS stat to send a Keystoke to my client

when FS2002 is in such stat ( for example afterburner1 is on )

then a keystoke would be send to the client computer

I do understand wath you said , if i push a button to get the FS2002 to change its state then the same button can be used to send a keysend

but i am using Go flights , and they change the state in FS2002 but do not make a keystoke !!

Ian Bennett

Guest Ian Bennett

hi

when FS2002 is in such stat ( for example afterburner1 is on )

then a keystoke would be send to the client computer

I do understand wath you said , if i push a button to get the FS2002 to change its state then the same button can be used to send a keysend

but i am using Go flights , and they change the state in FS2002 but do not make a keystoke !!

Ian Bennett

Ahyour example of toggling the afterburner (an FS control?) was a bit misleading, then, wasn't it!

Sorry, there's no built-in facility for that. EPIC programmers can do that, from the EPIC of course. You can do that from an application program written to interface to FSUIPC (see the FSUIPC SDK). The only module I have written which acts on FS events is Esound, but that only triggers sounds not keystrokes or button presses. It was a huge amount of work getting that as far as I did and it really wasn't worth the effort.

Any generalised way of doing the sort of thing you want amounts to nearly as big a job as writing a full blown Basic-like interpreter or compiler -- most different "events" in FS would need a specification of offset or token name, size, units, etc. You'd need to be able to compare, equate and so on, and presumably make compound conditions and sets of these which vary. See Esound's documentation for the sort of thing. It really is a big job to do as a generality.

If you have specific needs then you will find Visual Basic (for example) probably easier to learn and more powerful in the long run. The FSUIPC SDK contains stuff to help with the interfacing to FSUIPC.

i am using Go flights , and they change the state in FS2002 but do not make a keystoke !!

Aren't the GoFlight units programmable? Check with Doyle. Seems like a bit of an omission if they aren't.

Regards,

Pete

Ahyour example of toggling the afterburner (an FS control?) was a bit misleading, then, wasn't it!

Sorry, there's no built-in facility for that. EPIC programmers can do that, from the EPIC of course. You can do that from an application program written to interface to FSUIPC (see the FSUIPC SDK). The only module I have written which acts on FS events is Esound, but that only triggers sounds not keystrokes or button presses. It was a huge amount of work getting that as far as I did and it really wasn't worth the effort.

Any generalised way of doing the sort of thing you want amounts to nearly as big a job as writing a full blown Basic-like interpreter or compiler -- most different "events" in FS would need a specification of offset or token name, size, units, etc. You'd need to be able to compare, equate and so on, and presumably make compound conditions and sets of these which vary. See Esound's documentation for the sort of thing. It really is a big job to do as a generality.

If you have specific needs then you will find Visual Basic (for example) probably easier to learn and more powerful in the long run. The FSUIPC SDK contains stuff to help with the interfacing to FSUIPC.

i am using Go flights , and they change the state in FS2002 but do not make a keystoke !!

Aren't the GoFlight units programmable? Check with Doyle. Seems like a bit of an omission if they aren't.

Regards,

Pete

Guest Ian Bennett

Thanks that was very clear

I will ask at Go flight and lock into other posibilitys you suggested

ian bennett

Guest Ian Bennett

Thanks that was very clear

I will ask at Go flight and lock into other posibilitys you suggested

ian bennett