The simFlight Network Forums

PIC 767 Sticking every 15 seconds

Guest Mikey

Guest Mikey

Hi

When FSUIPC is installed I find PIC 767 (FS2002) sticking every 15 seconds for about 1 to 1.5 seconds then resuming. If I remove FSUIPC then all is fine. I have tried disabling everything but to no avail. I do not use the control or hot key or button facilities.

This problem has been around with me for quite some time I didn't have a problem with your ealier releases. It annoyed me so much I stopped flying the PIC 767. But I came back to try and track it down. It is your module. It doesn't happen with any other aircraft.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I operate Win XP 1.67 GHZ 768 RAM GE force 3 TI500

Mikey

Guest Mikey

Hi

When FSUIPC is installed I find PIC 767 (FS2002) sticking every 15 seconds for about 1 to 1.5 seconds then resuming. If I remove FSUIPC then all is fine. I have tried disabling everything but to no avail. I do not use the control or hot key or button facilities.

This problem has been around with me for quite some time I didn't have a problem with your ealier releases. It annoyed me so much I stopped flying the PIC 767. But I came back to try and track it down. It is your module. It doesn't happen with any other aircraft.

I operate Win XP 1.67 GHZ 768 RAM GE force 3 TI500

Mikey

That doesn't mean that it's a problem in my module. All that is probably happening is that values used by 767PIC depend upon or are changed when FSUIPC is present -- FSUIPC supplies many of the otherwise unobtainable engine values that many aircraft use.

No one else that I know of has this problem, and I know the 767PIC is in full time use by many people with FSUIPC. At least one person I know rarely flies anything else and has always used FSUIPC.

Not that I know of, no. If they have I'm sure someone will chime in here.

Sorry, but I really can do nothing about this. The PIC 767 programmers have always been downright uncooperative with everything I've tried to achieve, even though I tried to fix some of their programmed problems in FSUIPC because they didn't, and added support for their panel in PFC.DLL without their help. I long ago stopped using it, it was too much pain.

I hope other 767PIC users can help you. Possibly you need an update, or something has got corrupted. Have you tried re-installing it from scratch just in case?

Regards,

Pete

That doesn't mean that it's a problem in my module. All that is probably happening is that values used by 767PIC depend upon or are changed when FSUIPC is present -- FSUIPC supplies many of the otherwise unobtainable engine values that many aircraft use.

No one else that I know of has this problem, and I know the 767PIC is in full time use by many people with FSUIPC. At least one person I know rarely flies anything else and has always used FSUIPC.

Not that I know of, no. If they have I'm sure someone will chime in here.

Sorry, but I really can do nothing about this. The PIC 767 programmers have always been downright uncooperative with everything I've tried to achieve, even though I tried to fix some of their programmed problems in FSUIPC because they didn't, and added support for their panel in PFC.DLL without their help. I long ago stopped using it, it was too much pain.

I hope other 767PIC users can help you. Possibly you need an update, or something has got corrupted. Have you tried re-installing it from scratch just in case?

Regards,

Pete

Guest Bob Scott

Try opening up task manager and select the processes tab. Watch the CPU percentages and see if there's a spike that synchs up with the pauses.

Do you have logging on FSUIPC enabled? Is an antivirus program running in the background? My last big problem with stutters, much as you described, was due to Norton Antivirus' real time file checking.

Regards

Bob Scott

ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

Guest Bob Scott

Try opening up task manager and select the processes tab. Watch the CPU percentages and see if there's a spike that synchs up with the pauses.

Do you have logging on FSUIPC enabled? Is an antivirus program running in the background? My last big problem with stutters, much as you described, was due to Norton Antivirus' real time file checking.

Regards

Bob Scott

ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

Guest MIKEY

Dear Pete and Bob,

NAV2003 was the culprit, I disabled it and PIC is as smooth as silk. Thank you both for your input.

It never occured to me it was NAV as it only affected PIC 767 and no other aircraft and when I removed FSUIPC from the module folder, it ran smooth again, so I wonder what the significance of that is?

Thank goodness for that. I was getting serious withdrawal symptoms from flying the 767.

Best wishes,

Mikey

UK ATPL B737, 757-767 (retired)

Guest MIKEY

Dear Pete and Bob,

NAV2003 was the culprit, I disabled it and PIC is as smooth as silk. Thank you both for your input.

It never occured to me it was NAV as it only affected PIC 767 and no other aircraft and when I removed FSUIPC from the module folder, it ran smooth again, so I wonder what the significance of that is?

Thank goodness for that. I was getting serious withdrawal symptoms from flying the 767.

Best wishes,

Mikey

UK ATPL B737, 757-767 (retired)

Ah, glad you solved it. What's NAV2003? Maybe I'll take a look, see what it's doing, when (IF! ) I ever get an idle moment.

Pete

Ah, glad you solved it. What's NAV2003? Maybe I'll take a look, see what it's doing, when (IF! ) I ever get an idle moment.

Pete

Guest airdemon

Norton AntiVirus 2003

and i find that it causes other programs to do the same so i had to turn it off whin i run software soi just went with another AntiVirus :evil:

Guest airdemon

Norton AntiVirus 2003

and i find that it causes other programs to do the same so i had to turn it off whin i run software soi just went with another AntiVirus :evil:

Norton AntiVirus 2003:

Ah! Norton. Yes. Somehow I equated "NAV" with NAVigational Aid (as in Ted Wright's "NAV3" program for FS, and so though it was using FSUIPC in an odd way!

I think NAV is a well know causer of stuttering and pausing problems in FS, and not just with specific panels. It has generally been recommended to disable active virus checkers when running almost any real-time sim type programs, FS especially, for many years. I find it best to have it enabled only for Email checking, and activate it occasionally to check specific files or folders.

FS certainly runs MUCH smoother if you deactivate ALL unnecessary background tasks. I know many folks run "EndItAll" (a freeware program) to accomplish this. Alternatively use CTRL-ALT-DEL to look at the Task List. Generally, before running FS, all you should have listed is Explorer and the tray application -- that's on Win98 anyway. I think on XP you will find far too many odd-looking applications!

Pete

Norton AntiVirus 2003:

Ah! Norton. Yes. Somehow I equated "NAV" with NAVigational Aid (as in Ted Wright's "NAV3" program for FS, and so though it was using FSUIPC in an odd way!

I think NAV is a well know causer of stuttering and pausing problems in FS, and not just with specific panels. It has generally been recommended to disable active virus checkers when running almost any real-time sim type programs, FS especially, for many years. I find it best to have it enabled only for Email checking, and activate it occasionally to check specific files or folders.

FS certainly runs MUCH smoother if you deactivate ALL unnecessary background tasks. I know many folks run "EndItAll" (a freeware program) to accomplish this. Alternatively use CTRL-ALT-DEL to look at the Task List. Generally, before running FS, all you should have listed is Explorer and the tray application -- that's on Win98 anyway. I think on XP you will find far too many odd-looking applications!

Pete