The simFlight Network Forums

pfc

Hi Pete,

Thanks for all your great work for fs.

Ihave just set up my new pfc combo ihave latest files [pfc.dll Fsuipc.dll] all seems to work ok , except i cant seem to calibrate the twin jet throtles to work together the right one [eng2] has to be in front all the time, ihave no other joy sticks and deleted any referance icould find to any i had connected. ihave the twin eng quadrant and that seems ok. any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards Richard[otter]

Ihave just set up my new pfc combo ihave latest files [pfc.dll Fsuipc.dll]

There are later versions available in the Interim Releases announcement at the top of this forum.

i cant seem to calibrate the twin jet throtles to work together the right one [eng2] has to be in front all the time,

Not sure I understand that (i.e. I can't envisage what you mean). If you haven't enabled throttle sync then there is no software connection whatsoever between separate throttle axes. In that case it may be a hardware problem, so you would need PFC's support.

ihave the twin eng quadrant and that seems ok.

Now I am really confused. On the one hand you say you can't calibrate the throttles, and on the other that the throttle quadrant is okay! Which do you mean?

Regards,

Pete

Hello Pete,

Thanks for reply ok i am on xp and com port 1 set up went ok i enabled throtle sync but dont seem to be able to calibrate the twin jet throttles to work together no 2 engine is slower to accelerate than no1 eng, also i have now discovered rudder pedals wont calibrate either it sits to the left and on operation of pedals will only move to centre all other axes seem to work ok they all move full deflection left right up down i tried uninstall reinstall but same result ,

I have printed and read manual and think i have set up as per instructions although i am basic with pc.

Regards Richard[otter]

Thanks for reply ok i am on xp and com port 1 set up went ok i enabled throtle sync

Don't enable throttle sync unless you really don't want to use the throttles independently!

but dont seem to be able to calibrate the twin jet throttles to work together no 2 engine is slower to accelerate than no1 eng, also i have now discovered rudder pedals wont calibrate either it sits to the left and on operation of pedals will only move to centre all other axes seem to work ok they all move full deflection left right up down i tried uninstall reinstall but same result

Have you contacted PFC? It really sounds like you have a hardware problem. Even the simple automatic calibration facility in PFC.DLL will make it very usable. You need hardware support.

Pete

Incidentally, you did not clarify the confusion in your earlier message, where you said on the one hand that you couldn't calibrate the throttles, and on the other that they worked fine! Which is it? I still don't understand that.

And did you get the later version of PFC.DLL (1.989)?

Regards,

Pete

I also have an ordinary twin eng piston type which was working ok althogh i havnt tried it again yet i am down loading [pfc.dll 1.989] have to go out shortly will get back when i have tried new drivers and will try the other throttle quadrant.

Thanks Regards Richard[otter]

I also have an ordinary twin eng piston type which was working ok althogh i havnt tried it again yet i am down loading [pfc.dll 1.989] have to go out shortly will get back when i have tried new drivers and will try the other throttle quadrant.

Oh, two quadrants? For the same console, or two separate consoles? If you simply mean you have two of the replaceable quadrants for the one console, then there's nothing in those to go wrong really -- they are just the levers. The console has 6 lever positions and six axes and six pots to match. If they work, they work with any quadrant.

But you also said your rudders weren't working either. Are they connected via the same console?

I'm afraid it still sounds like you need to talk to PFC.

Pete

• 5 weeks later...