The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.512 & IVAO

Dear Pete,

Sorry for my bad english.

I fly online by IVAO net.

I noticed that with default aircraft as cessna, the effective wind is 180° degrees back. For example if FS9 (Shift+Z) show a wind 090/35, my aircraft go like the wind is 270/35.

I don't use AS or similar, but only IVAP software to fly online.

Thanks for your great job.

Please write easy english for me. Thanks :lol:

I noticed that with default aircraft as cessna, the effective wind is 180° degrees back. For example if FS9 (Shift+Z) show a wind 090/35, my aircraft go like the wind is 270/35.

On the ground? Or in the air?

If in the air, and this is with FSUIPC 3.511 or 3.512, then that is weird, because that is just the opposite of what the others have been saying.

If it is with 3.51 then change to 3.512. If with 3.512, please try 3.511.

Regards,

Pete

With 5.511 two time on three is ok in the air.

After Landing, on ground is 180° degrees back.

By "5.511" I assume you mean "3.511".

Hmm. 2 out of 3 doesn't make sense. It either works or it doesn't work. By default, version 3.511 will operate exactly like 3.50 and before. How long have you been using FSUIPC and IVAO? I don't think this is new at all?

I don't think the ground problem is fixable. I tried to fix it in 3.51 and it was that which caused all this.

I'll see if I can do some checks here. It sounds like the IVAO software is using "direct wind control", like the option in ASVE. Does the IVAO program have an option someplace to turn that off? Not the winds, just the direct control? If so, please try that.

Regards,

Pete

With 5.511 two time on three is ok in the air.

With FSUIPC 3.512 and a default Cessna, setting direct winds at varying directions, the head/tail/crosswind effects are all perfect in all my testing here.

Can you please explain how you are measuring these odd things in the air? Check with the GPS, for instance. With an indicated wind (use Shift+Z) to your left the GPS TRK should read to the right of your heading, and vice versa. With a tailwind, the GS shown in the GPS should be higher than your IAS, and vice versa. All these things are true here. If they are not there please give actual examples, i.e.

Wind (from Shift+Z, as MagDir / Speed -- ef 120/20 = 20 knot wind from 120 Mag)

IAS from your instruments.

GS and TRK from the GPS.

As for the ground winds, I know they are 180 degree reversed. I am thinking of stopping the direct wind working altogether when on the ground. There's no way I can find to fix it.

Regards,

Pete

Problem happen only when I Fly online by IVAO Net.

Yes, I understood that. Probably because IVap is setting winds via the Direct Wind control.

You still have not shown specific examples for the airborne problem you mentioned with 3.512. This is getting urgent! I must resolve it in the next few days. I cannot reproduce anything odd, when airborne, here at all. Please tell me the figures I mentioned, when airborne with 3.512.

On ground I disabled Wind. Sometime, specially during landing i noticed that wind effect is opposite fs value (shift+Z).

Yes, as I said, this is the problem which has always been there, and which I tried to fix in 3.51. It was this that has caused the problems here reported! It now looks to me to be unsolvable. I am currently testing a version of FSUIPC (3.513) which is the same as 3.512 except that it automatically switches off direct wind control when on the ground.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

With direct wind control I suppose you mean the offsets outside the NWI? IvAp only controls the weather using the NWI (offsets 0xC800).

Besides this IvAp turns on FSUIPC wind smoothing (as a user option) (using offset 0x3127 0x3128 0x312C).

In internal testing we discovered that most people noticed improvements in sudden wind changes between v3.50 and v3.51, however not perfect yet. But I suspect that IvAp also contains some bugs in the engine and supplying the data.

Kind regards,

With direct wind control I suppose you mean the offsets outside the NWI?

Yes, 2DE0 and 2DE8 to be specific.

IvAp only controls the weather using the NWI (offsets 0xC800).

[\quote]

I would have thought that to be the case. This is why I question the gentleman's reports. I have received no figures from him yet. I think, perhaps, he is may not be interpreting what he is seeing correctly.

Thanks for your information -- it helps. I think I must discount the lonely report of counter winds with Ivap for now. Other reports seem to confirm that 3.512 is okay, and 3.513 is on test at present. I shall probably make a version 3.515 for general release by about Wednesday next week, then leave it be till January! ;-)

Best regards,

Pete