The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and custom autopilots

_ak

Hi, Pete

Some time ago you said me that using KEY_THROTTLE[n]_SET events can conflict with FSUIPC and even made special workaround for feekthere ERJ. Also you suggested to use KEY_AXIS_THROTTLE[n]_SET events. In new project I using that events for autothrottle, but some users again reports problems, seems throttles have own life and overforcing A/T. Mostly I heard that from CH Throttle users. It there any other tricks that I don't know. They claiming other addons with custom AP/AT works fine with that.

Another thing. I saw in SDK "axis disconnect" feature. I tryed it to avoid noise from joysticks. It does job, but it does it too well, it disconnects controls from my AP as well :)

It uses KEY_ELEVATOR_SET and KEY_AILERON_SET events (and KEY_ELEVATOR_TRIM_SET for autotrimming)

So is there a way to disable axes but save custom AP?

Thanks

Some time ago you said me that using KEY_THROTTLE[n]_SET events can conflict with FSUIPC and even made special workaround for feekthere ERJ.

Only when FSUIPC is being used to calibrate throttles or provide mapping or reverse thrust capabilities. When the FSUIPC facilities aren't used the controls pass through unmolested in any case.

Also you suggested to use KEY_AXIS_THROTTLE[n]_SET events. In new project I using that events for autothrottle, but some users again reports problems, seems throttles have own life and overforcing A/T. Mostly I heard that from CH Throttle users. It there any other tricks that I don't know. They claiming other addons with custom AP/AT works fine with that.

I don't really understand what you are reporting, sorry. The AXIS THROTTLE(n) SET controls are those which are assignable in FS's own control assignments, for the overall throttle as well as the individual ones.

These are not provided with a reverse zone in FS -- the range -16384 to +16384 give idle to full thrust. the only throttle axis controls which have a reverse range are those from FS98 days which are still coded in FS -- the four individual THROTTLEn SET controls. This is why the Page 3 calibrations in FSUIPC convert AXIS_THROTTLEn_SET controls to THROTTLE_SET controls. If also calibrates the THROTTLE(n)_SET controls unless that special option is checked -- the ERJ uses those controls.

That is really the sum total of what that was about. You'll need to interpret what you see in that light.

I saw in SDK "axis disconnect" feature. I tryed it to avoid noise from joysticks. It does job, but it does it too well, it disconnects controls from my AP as well :)

It uses KEY_ELEVATOR_SET and KEY_AILERON_SET events (and KEY_ELEVATOR_TRIM_SET for autotrimming)

So is there a way to disable axes but save custom AP?

Well, I suppose there could be a way to disconnect only the new AXIS_ controls but leave the older "FS98" controls like those. I'll have a look. Would doing it via another flag bit suffice, i.e. one flag which says "don't disconnect old controls only new ones"?

Regards,

Pete

Well, I suppose there could be a way to disconnect only the new AXIS_ controls but leave the older "FS98" controls like those. I'll have a look. Would doing it via another flag bit suffice, i.e. one flag which says "don't disconnect old controls only new ones"?

A facility to allow the older axis controls through whilst suppressing the new ones looked easy enough to do, so I've slipped it in quick before I freeze FSUIPC till February. I've sent 3.515 to you by email. Perhaps you'd like to test it for me, please? Be quick though -- I need to get version 3.52 released this week, preferably Wednesday if possible.

To suppress axes without suppressing the older controls, you need to not only write to offset 310A/310B regularly, but also write "2" to the byte 3109 regularly as well -- write all three bytes at the same time, as you wish. Whilst 2^1 of 3109 is non-zero, the suppress axis bits should only operate on the new style controls. This applies only to Throttles, Aileron, Elevator and Elevator trim.

Sorry, I have nothing suitable to test it properly with here. Let me know as soon as you can please.

Regards,

Pete