The simFlight Network Forums

Can't save new default flights with FSUIPC installed (?)

Some time ago I discovered FS2004 wouldn't allow new default flights to be saved any more until I removed the FSUIPC.dll from the Modules folder.

I read the FSUIPC User's guide but did not find an answer. I suspect it has something to do with deliberate protection of the fs9.cfg file however and I will not be surprised if there is something I overlook. :oops:

Please can anyone help?

Sidney Starkey (Sid Star)

Amsterdam

The Netherlands

Some time ago I discovered FS2004 wouldn't allow new default flights to be saved any more until I removed the FSUIPC.dll from the Modules folder.

I've never heard of that. I can save flights fine here. There's nothing in FSUIPC which can stop it. And all that making one "default" does is change a parameter in the FS9.CFG file.

I suspect it has something to do with deliberate protection of the fs9.cfg file

Nothing of mine protects any files at all. Are you sure it isn't something else? Maybe you have something installed which uses FSUIPC and therefore isn't actually doing the same things when FSUIPC isn't in place?

What are the symptoms? You save a Flight and mark it as default, but it still loads some other one next time? Have you checked the FS9.CFG file?

Note that I don't think FS actually re-writes the FS9.CFG file until it is closed -- i.e. check the FS9.CFG file after shutting down FS9. Maybe you have something which is preventing FS9 closing correctly, and in fact it is either still running (do CTL_ALT_DEL and scan the process list for FS9.EXE) or it is crashing silently when you terminate it.

Try changing some other, more obvious, option in FS and see if it changes the CFG on closing and reloads it next time.

Regards,

Pete

Thank you, Mr. Dowson. I guess I tried about everything to rule out possible interaction. I'm down to a clean install now -as I mentioned in the message that should really have been posted as a reply here- but the Mystery remains unsolved. Even if I don't understand FSUIPC completely yet I am beginning to know my way around at the Forum and it certainly is a pleasure knowing one is welcome.

Kind regards,

Sid Star

Thank you, Mr. Dowson. I guess I tried about everything to rule out possible interaction. I'm down to a clean install now -as I mentioned in the message that should really have been posted as a reply here- but the Mystery remains unsolved.

Yes. It is strange. I will certainly investigate it, but it may be a while. If you haven't seen any result or answer by mid-February, remind me, but if I get time I'll try to look at it after Christmas guests have departed, maybe the end of next week.

Regards,

Pete

I, too, have the same problem saving new default flights. It is only when I uninstall FSUIPC that the ability returns to save a flight, check it as the default flight, exit FS9, then re-start FS9 with the "new" default flight. But with FSUIPC installed it never works. It worked fine before I installed FSUIPC and works fine when I uninstall FSUIPC. Most curious.

Pete,

Thank you so much for responding so quickly to our default flight problem. I just downloaded your new point release of FSUIPC and tried it. It works like a charm! From one ol' retired programmer to another, great job. Have a wonderful Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

Mike

• 1 month later...