The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIP

Hash

Hello,

I downloaded a new a/c and after closing the FS9 and restart it again it stops. A notification pops up stating, "you have several old FSUIP versions- remove it from your module-do not rename folders etc etc"(not the exact words).

I tried to remove the FSUIP and downloaded the latest 3.512 vs and installed it. But what happend each time I run the FS9 for about 10 to 15 minuts it crashed..............

Any advice what need to be done??

Thanks

Hashry

I downloaded a new a/c and after closing the FS9 and restart it again it stops. A notification pops up stating, "you have several old FSUIP versions- remove it from your module-do not rename folders etc etc"(not the exact words).

This will be because, although FS has crashed and appearently disappeared, it is still running. When you try to run it again the new copy of FSUIPC sees the old one still there.

You can check this yourself. Next time you get the crash, use CTRL_ALT_DEL to get to the Task Manager, select the Process List, and scroll through to find the FS9.EXE process. Terminate it before you re-run FS.

I tried to remove the FSUIP and downloaded the latest 3.512 vs and installed it. But what happend each time I run the FS9 for about 10 to 15 minuts it crashed..............

I assume you mean 3.521? However, the FSUIPC version is not relevant here. Something else is causing your FS to crash, it isn't anything to do with FSUIPC. You say you just added a new aircraft, so that is the first suspect. It could be a bad (corrupted) texture or gauge, almost anything in that aircraft.

Regards,

Pete

Hello Pete,

Is there a way I could prevent the old version of FSUIPC be detected by the new version. In other words, what is the best way to prevent this happend. From my experience its always happend when I downloaded something to my FS9 and it causes the FS9 stop running at all.

This is typcally the words that pops up:

"There are duplicate copies of FSUIPC insatalled. Please remove older copies. Never simply rename modules move them out of the modules folder"

Thanks,

Hash

Is there a way I could prevent the old version of FSUIPC be detected by the new version. In other words, what is the best way to prevent this happend. From my experience its always happend when I downloaded something to my FS9 and it causes the FS9 stop running at all.

You cannot have more than one FS9 running at one time. Everything will go wrong. This is why FSUIPC detects it. There are very very few add-ons which crash FS in such a way. Just don't use them, or find the update for them which fixes it. Just downloading something for FS will rarely if ever cause such crashes. It will be one bad Gauge or add-in -- the original version of ActiveCamera for FS2004 did this, for instance, but it was fixed pretty quickly.

If you can't find what it doing it or get a fix, your only recourse is to use CTR_ALT_DEL after closing FS and terminating the FS9.EXE process, if it is listed. If it is not listed you will not get the problem you describe from this cause.

This is typcally the words that pops up:

"There are duplicate copies of FSUIPC insatalled. Please remove older copies. Never simply rename modules move them out of the modules folder"

If this happens when there is no "FS9.EXE" process running, then it is literally true -- you have multiple copies installed and being loaded by FS. This can only happen if you have a renamed FSUIPC.DLL in the FS Modules folder (NEVER do that), or, some say, if you have an FSUIPC.DLL (by any name) in the main FS folder.

Regards,

Pete