The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and Throttle quadrant issues

:( G'day!

I am having real problems getting the throttle quadrant working properly with FSUIPC which I have just purchased and registered. I am using XP Pro and FS9. I have used CH control manager to calibrate all 6 controls with the centre 4 being for engines 1 through 4.

For some reason in FSUIPC under the joystick tab and Thurst control (3 of 11), throttle 4 has no affect in FSUIPC, that is when I shift the lever up and down, there is no movement of the numbers in FSUIPC for throttle 4 while the other 3 do indeed register. Alaso with throttle 2 and 3, the number go from -7000 odd to +7000 odd instead of the 16,300 odd minus and plus that throttle 1 does. How can I fix these 2 problems??

HELP! :o

Hi there TigerBob

Can be frustrating with the FSUIPC thing, but once you get it its great. I dont use the CH manager as thats to much for me, and FSUIPC works just fine. Now to your question. Try this:

1. Calibrate your CH Quad in windows, being sure to keep all stick in the middle (use ruler as this helps keep them straight)

2. Open FS9 and make sure in the control/assignments tab that you have assigned each lever to the throttle you want it to control. You should have 4 throttles to assign here.

3. Check that the sensitivities sliders are at max and no null zone

4. Open FSUIPC and go to page 3 wher the thottles are

5. MOve all throttles back to the detent position

6. Starting with no 1 throttle, pull it all the way back and click reverse, then up to the detent holding slight pressure back and click the bottom idle, then push it forward to the top end of the detent and push the top idle button, then finally all the way up to the max position. DO this for all 4 throttles.

There is no reason why no4 should not work, unless you havenet assigned it in FS9. The numbers dont really matter so much in the calibration of the throttles`

Hope that helps a little and sorry for rambling bro

Doug

Thanks for that. For some reason Throttle number 4 does not register on page 3 of FSUIPC. It's OK when callibrating and assigning in FS9 so I can't understand why it doesn't register in FSUIPC. When doing the setting for each of the throttles, should I click the set button for each of the items, "max", "idle" "detente"?

Many thanks

Thanks for that. For some reason Throttle number 4 does not register on page 3 of FSUIPC. It's OK when callibrating and assigning in FS9 so I can't understand why it doesn't register in FSUIPC.

In every case so far such things have been reported it is due to the sensitivity be set to zero in FS. This will actually stop it having any effect in FS as well -- even though it will certainly see it for assignment.

Go to the Options-Controls-Sensitivities dialogue in FS and check them all. All sensitivty sliders should be to rthe right, all null zone ones to the left.

When doing the setting for each of the throttles, should I click the set button for each of the items, "max", "idle" "detente"?

Not sure where you are seeing "detente". But the user documentation for FSUIPC suppies a step-by-step list of instructions for using its calibration system. Did you check there? For anything with a "centre" position ("idle" in the case of a throttle with reverse zone) there will be 4 "clicks" to do -- Max, centre/idle TWICE (to set the range for the idle), and Min/reverse. Please just follow the instructions. They are easy enough and go into more detail than I will here.

Regards,

Pete

The sensitivites reset themselves so when I checked back I made sure they have been properly set so now its AOK. But my problem now is that the 1st lever which I set as the spoiler doesn't work properly. It won't go back to zero for some reason.

thanks

... my problem now is that the 1st lever which I set as the spoiler doesn't work properly. It won't go back to zero for some reason.

Is the aircraft on the ground? With most of the FS2004 aircraft, if you move the spoiler lever through the "Arm" position (a little away from "down"), FS automatically deploys ground spoilers (100%) just as it wouls on touch-down.

Always test the spoiler axis off the ground.

Meanwhile you should be able to retract them with the keyboard shortcut for it (is it / ? Something to do with that key).

Regards,

Pete