The simFlight Network Forums

Disable GPS / External Position data

Hi Pete, everyone!

I hope you had quiet holidays :-).

Perhaps you have a tip - Is there anyway to disable the GPS within the aircraft and disable any external positional data (ie to other programs using FSUIPC, like FS Navigator, etc.)? It doesn't have to be completely disabled, even just "breaking" the data would work (ie give false position reports). I would love to make a small tool for my online-server to force everyone to fly by radio-navigation, but I want to be sure nobody is cheating by using a GPS or anything similar.

Thanks!

John

Is there anyway to disable the GPS within the aircraft and disable any external positional data (ie to other programs using FSUIPC, like FS Navigator, etc.)?

Not that I know of, I'm afraid. The position is availble in so many ways just in FS itself, without even using FSUIPC, that you'd need to really hack into it to find out how to stop them all, or make them all misleading. Apart from the easy Shift+Z display there's the Map view, the GPS 'gauges', as you know, and any number of ND gauges which can display airport and navaid positions.

FSNav doesn't use FSUIPC, by the way. It and other add-ins like it can easily read position from FS in any case.

Regards,

Pete