The simFlight Network Forums

Registration problem, WideFS bought with FSUIPC

I plan to use PM's GAIFR software on a networked computer using widefs which I have just purchased (along with fsuipc) from simmarket on the 22/12/05. They are both the current versions. The server pc is running fs2004 and the client has fs2004 installed (I know, I cant run it in conjunction with widefs). If it is not a problem I wouldn't mind keeping it installed as a backup flying pc.

I have a problem with the registration of wide fs through fsuipc. The wide server log states the following:

********* WideServer.DLL Log [version 6.51] *********

Blocksize guide = 4096 (double allowed)

Date (dmy): 24/12/05, Time 18:19:49.203: Server name is FLIGHTAM-XFS3XE

28063 WideFS cannot be used until it is Registered through FSUIPC (version 3.44 or later)

252266 Closing down now ...

Memory managed: Offset records: 0 alloc, 0 free

Throughput maximum achieved: 0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec

Throughput average achieved for complete session: 0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec

********* Log file closed *********

When I check the key file the keys are exactly the same as sent in email/account on sim market.

I'm confident that I followed the insruction email that came from sim market about registration. The fsuipc menu on fs2004 shows both as registered. I deleted and re-entered the widefs key in the fsuipc key file and when I went into fs2004 it asked me to register widefs. I typed the key in again and it still comes up with the same wideserver log message.

I checked the forums (as far back as mar 2004) and the documentation but could not find any similar scenarios.

Any ideas?

Niall Paterson

When I check the key file the keys are exactly the same as sent in email/account on sim market.

I'm confident that I followed the insruction email that came from sim market about registration. The fsuipc menu on fs2004 shows both as registered. I deleted and re-entered the widefs key in the fsuipc key file and when I went into fs2004 it asked me to register widefs. I typed the key in again and it still comes up with the same wideserver log message.

I've not heard of such a problem before, excepting those definitely caused by mis-entry of some part of the information -- all three parts must be correct, and, of course, the name and email must be the same for both FSUIPC and WideFS.

If you send the details to me at petedowson@btconnect.com I will check them here. Please be sure to ZIP up your FSUIPC.KEY file and attach the Zip, and also provide details (extracts best) of the registrations as sent to you by SimMarket, and I will check them here at once.

Regards,

Pete

I have a problem with the registration of wide fs through fsuipc. The wide server log states the following:

28063 WideFS cannot be used until it is Registered through FSUIPC (version 3.44 or later)

From the Logs you sent me it appears you are using FSUIPC version 3.14, which clearly is NOT "3.44 or later", and is about two years old, totally unsupported.

Please always make sure you are up to date before asking for Support. It would save a lot of time! ;-)

See "Supported Version" announcements above, and go to http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.

Regards,

Pete