The simFlight Network Forums

FLAPS HANDLE TO FLAPS POSITIONS IN FS2004

FLAPS HANDLE TO FLAPS POSITIONS IN FS2004

I have a custom made 737 flaps handle connected via a "potmeter" /"potentiometer" on a joystickcard to the flaps axis control of fs2004. The positions of the flaps handle do not match the flaps positions of my 737 in fs2004. I use fs2004 and fsuipc 3.5.2.

Below are the potentiometer readings via FSUIPC for the different flaps:

flaps 0 = -16256

flaps 1 = -16219 TO -16200

flaps 2 = -15450 TO -15417

flaps 5 = -12975 TO -12950

flaps 10 = -6980 TO -6950

flaps 15 = -573 TO -550

flaps 25 = 4606 TO 4644

flaps 30 = 15600 TO 15650

flaps 45 = 16217 TO 16256

I have a custom made 737 flaps handle connected via a "potmeter" /"potentiometer" on a joystickcard to the flaps axis control of fs2004. The positions of the flaps handle do not match the flaps positions of my 737 in fs2004. I use fs2004 and fsuipc 3.5.2.

I'm afraid it doesn't work that way around as it stands. You have to set the positions of your flap detentes to match what FS needs in the way of input on the axis -- i.e. match the hardware to the software, not the other way around.

Neither FSUIPC nor FS has a translation table for axis inputs to flaps positions. The whole range is simply divided into equal numeric intervals, as in fact is documented.

I did have it on my list to implement a more sophisticated system, but it never made it to the top. It could certainly be considered for a future version, but I couldn't even consider looking at it until February at the earliest.

Regards,

Pete

thks for your quick response. I hope that you will include this feature in a new version of fsuipc since it's quite difficult to adjust the hardware.

Most of the work is actually in designing a usable user interface to do it correctly. If, as a temporary measure, you wouldn't mind measuring things, as you have done, then entering the numbers as parameters into the INI file by hand, then maybe I could do something for you much quicker.

What do you think? I could look into that for you this week.

Is there any other simple small joystick program out there for configuring the flaps positions?

I don't know. Maybe someone knows of one.

Regards,

Pete

It would already be very very great if you could adjust fsuipc so it can read these max/min values per flap position from the fsuipc.ini file.

thks Pete.

Okay. I've done some code already. I''m out tonight, but I'll test it a bit in the next day or so then send you a copy to try.

Regards,

Pete