The simFlight Network Forums

Visual Studio 2005 linking problem

Hello all!

Im currently trying to compile a project using FSUIPC under Visual C++ in Visual Studio 2005. It workes fine under Visual Studio 2003 but it seems I have a problem with linking libc.lib.

I'm not new to programming at all, but the "black magic" of Visual Studio is beyond my skills. I have seen Pete answer some C++/Visual Studio related questions and I am very well aware that this is not his field of expertise.

However, maybe someone can help me out? As I can see, FSUIPC_User.lib uses libc.lib and in VS2005 this library does not exist. Instead a library libcmtd.lib is used (I guess since I get errors reporting conflicts between them when trying to use libc.lib instead).

I can have misunderstood things completely...

cheers

Jens

I have seen Pete answer some C++/Visual Studio related questions and I am very well aware that this is not his field of expertise.

Very true. It's all a bit like an arcane art to me. I experiment and when something works I stick to it!

FSUIPC_User.lib uses libc.lib and in VS2005 this library does not exist. Instead a library libcmtd.lib is used (I guess since I get errors reporting conflicts between them when trying to use libc.lib instead).

You may find it easier to recompile the library in VS2005 instead, or even just link the code directly -- the source is provided, it is yours to do with as you like. My part of FSUIPC really starts on the FS side of the interface. ;-)

No doubt one day (later rather than sooner I hope) I will have to upgrade to VS2005 (if only for the 64-bit compiler), but ceretainly not yet.

Regards,

Pete