The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC options display too big for its window!

I have recently upgraded FS2004 from version 9.0 to 9.1 (service pqck 1 from Microsoft). I have also updated my registered FSUIPC from version 3.411 to 3.53. Having re-installed an older FS2004 payware add-on aircraft (Captain Sim Legendary 727 Professional), I get the following error message when starting FS2004: "The version of FS2004 detected is not compatible with this version of FSUIPC! It is build 9.01.40901...You need the correct version of FS2004. Check the Help-About: the build should be 9.00.30612. FSUIPC will terminate when you select OK."

When clicking OK, the following message appears:

"Flight Simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can continue using Flight Simulator but this aircraft or software will be disabled.

File: FSUIPC.dll"

After which Flight Simulator does not start.

Having re-read the FSUIPC User Guide, I have made a new folder in FS2004, named Old Modules, and copied an older version of FSUIPC (version 3.4.8.0) to this folder. I still get the same errror messages when trying to start FS2004 and it still does not fire up.

Other than de-installing my payware aircraft and/or undoing my FS2004 upgrade and forgetting about the whole thing, is there something that I

can do to make it work?

Thanks for any support.

I have recently upgraded FS2004 from version 9.0 to 9.1 (service pqck 1 from Microsoft). I have also updated my registered FSUIPC from version 3.411 to 3.53. Having re-installed an older FS2004 payware add-on aircraft (Captain Sim Legendary 727 Professional), I get the following error message ...

That error message is only produced by an older version of FSUIPC, one that is not compatible with FS 9.1 update.

What probably happened is that the installer for the 727 aircraft did not bother to check that you already had a later version of FSUIPC before installing one it had packaged with the product. That is very bad of it, and you should please complain to the manufacturers. It is contrary to their agreement with me when they obtained permission to package it.

The fix for this is simply to install FSUIPC 3.53 again.

Having re-read the FSUIPC User Guide, I have made a new folder in FS2004, named Old Modules, and copied an older version of FSUIPC (version 3.4.8.0) to this folder. I still get the same errror messages when trying to start FS2004 and it still does not fire up.

Putting FSUIPC in any folder than the FS Modules folder accomplishes nothing, as FS is only looking in that folder for such modules.

Just install version 3.53.

You can always check version numbers of any of my programs and modules by simply right-clicking on them in Explorer, selecting Properties then Version. This is actually the best way to check versions of anything, there are few programs these days that don't provide such version information.

Regards,

Pete

i have yet ,.the fsuipc dll 3.53

but the window from the in ´( MENU ) i cannot open or lock the half of this,..i can not open the another menu files. the rgistration was complete...and okay,.....but the window...i habe a blue window edge.i cannot increase the window for the another funktions...

have a idea what is wrong,....?

jones :)

i have yet ,.the fsuipc dll 3.53

but the window from the in ´( MENU ) i cannot open or lock the half of this,..i can not open the another menu files. the rgistration was complete...and okay,.....but the window...i habe a blue window edge.i cannot increase the window for the another funktions...

have a idea what is wrong,....?

I am sorry, but I do not understand any of that. Can you see if you can translate it a little more clearly please?

Pete

i have the half from the fsuipc window. i cannot the functions adjust from fsuipc window.. i hope you understud yet better,...sorry...:)

i open the fs 2004,..open after the screen is open the fsuipc desktop...and become a half window...take i the mouse to the window and will scroll ..i have not operations.i can not adjust the themes in the window full....uff this is jungle english,..sorry.

greatings jones :oops:

i have the half from the fsuipc window. i cannot the functions adjust from fsuipc window.

Ah, yesI have had such reports before. You have a part of Windows installed which is not compatible with the rest. The most likely part is a module called COMCTL32.DLL. Some video drivers install one of these, and if it is not correct it can produce a strange effect whereby standard Windows dialogues, like those used in FSUIPC, are actually scaled too large for their containing window.

I don't know what the easiest solution is. Possibly a re-install of video drivers, or better a later and more compatible set of video drivers. It is quite hard to simply replace COMCTL32.DLL because many things use it and you cannot change things whilst they are in use.

Maybe others who had this problem and have fixed it will contribute here -- I have changed the thread title to make it more likely that someone will recognise it and help.

In the end the only solution may be to repair Windows, even as far as re-installation, but I do hope there is an easier way. There is nothing to do with window sizing in FSUIPC, it is all left to automatic action in Windows.

Regards

Pete

thanks pete

yet i have a point for the beginn to fix this problem,.the question is yet ..what is the best way to fix this....

As I said, that is the problem. I do not really know. I have never seen the problem here, on many different systems, and it is extremely rare - about 4 cases in the last 4 years! I don't know how the others solved it, that is the problem. Folks don't come back and say.

The first thing I would try to do is update or change video drivers. It is very likely to have been one version of those or another which changed the crucial Windows module in the first place.

Other than that I only know of a Windows re-install. If you know how to manipulate Windows systems then you may be able to get COMCTL32.DLL reinstalled from your Windows CDRom. Maybe Katy Pluta (over in the FS2004 Forum) can help you with that, she is a Windows XP expert.

Otherwise, I do hope someone else can come and help -- I did change the title as you can see.

Regards,

Pete

hallo,..

that is a great idea,...thanks pete for your support and help,..i hope i find any peoples with the same ´problem..and i hope i find a easy way..for fix this problem.,..in the meantime, I must wait and cannot use the fsuipc.

Well, three things about that:

1) Instead of waiting (which may be in vain, as I said this problem has been VERY rare) you could try different video drivers, as I suggested. One set (older or newer, I don't know) may install a proper compatible version of the Windows DLLs.

2) You could ask the Windows expert, Katy Pluta, over in the FS2004 Forum how to check and update Windows DLLs from your install CD, instead of having to re-install the whole system. With Win98 there was a system file checker program that would do it.

3) For many of its early releases, there was no Options dislogue for FSUIPC -- that was an extra added in version 2. Before that folks had to decide on options by editing the FSUIPC.INI file.

That is still possible today. All of the user parameters for the INI file are documented in the "Advanced User's Guide", part of the FSUIPC.ZIP package. I know it isn't so easy that way, but it is possible.

If I can find anything else out about correcting this Windows problem I'll post it here, but I am on holiday from tomorrow night for two weeks. Sorry.

Regards,

Pete

There you can download the DLL (and a lot of others). Now you have to unzip the dll to the right map.

Thanks Hugo. However, I think the latter is usually the problem. you can't easily change a DLL which is in current use, and most of the common Windows DLLs are in constant use -- the desktop and Explorer use them. This one might be an exception, I don't know -- it depends what is running I suspect.

You don't need to go far to find an assortment of different versions of COMCTL32.DLL. I searched my own C: drive and came up with 6 of them, of 4 different versions. I think some of the Windows XP updates replaces that DLL.

I notice also a COMDLG32.DLL and wonder if that may have something to do with the reported problem too, though I think it used to be only COMCTL32.DLL which was replaced by some video driver installs.

The problem with the DLLs downloaded from the site you gave a link to is that it seems to have only one version of each and doesn't say what they are for (e.g. what operating system, version and so on). I just looked at the COMCTL32.DLL on the DLL site and it appears to be older that all 6 of those on my system.

Regards

Pete

Hi,

Well maybe the thoughts behind the concept of the DLL were good, but it is now like searching for a tree in the woods. One of these all resembling trees will be the good one, but which one?

The site I mentioned was only an example; there are many others like dll-downloads.com etc.

you can't easily change a DLL which is in current use, and most of the common Windows DLLs are in constant use

That's the reason why my boot/system disk is still FAT. I can boot up with a DOS diskette and still have access to all the directories on the Windows system and replace files which would not possible if Windows was running.

Hugo

ups... I'm total confused yet....

in the early morning today i have change the com dll,..after that changing i have test the fsuipc,..it was the same problem.window was to little and no all functions reachebal with the mouse,..

after that i change the new Whql,..for the nvidia,..nothing !

after that i install again the 9.c....and nothing,...

brrrr,..it is crazy.,..the final work today was the configuration of the fsuipc.ini,....the last action today,..i become any nice changings in the weather..WOW...a little victory in the evening...hmm but,..what is the next step?

i will today evening say to all,..thanks for all your nice support,..and special to you PETE!....

hope tomorrow have i better luck.

jones

hallo thanks for the idea with the fonts,...

i have yet change all drivers for the video card,the whql,..and any another things,..i have uninstall the fsuipc and new install ,..i have the same problem...condemned,..i have check the fonts,..all okay..

the last what i yet do is,.i go in the fsuipc.ini...and work with this .

thanks for all your support,....and thanks mister bill gates!!!

.:( jones