The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 2.9??

Hi Peter,

I hate to ask this but I have never had this problem in all installs of your FSUIPC. In the last version ( I just downloaded the new version), I was having all of my batteries go dead! Which I found very strange as I hadn't experienced that type of thing since FSUIPC came out.

I have correct setings to prevent "dead batteries" in the program and am familiar with the "Read Me" files.

So sorry if this is a stupid question... Maybe this new version will fix problem.?.?

Best Regards,

Britton

Hi Peter,

I hate to ask this but I have never had this problem in all installs of your FSUIPC. In the last version ( I just downloaded the new version), I was having all of my batteries go dead! Which I found very strange as I hadn't experienced that type of thing since FSUIPC came out.

I have correct setings to prevent "dead batteries" in the program and am familiar with the "Read Me" files.

So sorry if this is a stupid question... Maybe this new version will fix problem.?.?

Best Regards,

Britton

The fix for batteries draining too quickly has been in quite a few releases now -- see the History document. Originally it was a fiddle which could also be invoked in the AIRCRAFT.CFG file ("electric_always_available"), but I changed that because that stopped electrical systems from being failed at all.

The current way it does it is by allowing you to slow down the rate of change -- a parameter in the FSUIPC Technical Options page does this.

This change was made in version 2.85, over a year ago now, as you will see in the History document. There's been no further change since then.

What "new" version? There's been no new version for a good while now. It is frozen at 2.975 whilst I get on with work for FS9. You really must be more clear about what your "old" version is and what your "new" version is, those terms mean absolutely nothing to me. You need to refer to specific version numbers please.

You say you are familiar with "read me" files, but there are none for FSUIPC, only several documents. I suggest you start by checking the Technical options section in the User Guide, then maybe peruse the History document to see all the changes between your "old" version (perhaps pre-2.85?) and the current one (2.975, released mid March this year).

Pete

The fix for batteries draining too quickly has been in quite a few releases now -- see the History document. Originally it was a fiddle which could also be invoked in the AIRCRAFT.CFG file ("electric_always_available"), but I changed that because that stopped electrical systems from being failed at all.

The current way it does it is by allowing you to slow down the rate of change -- a parameter in the FSUIPC Technical Options page does this.

This change was made in version 2.85, over a year ago now, as you will see in the History document. There's been no further change since then.

What "new" version? There's been no new version for a good while now. It is frozen at 2.975 whilst I get on with work for FS9. You really must be more clear about what your "old" version is and what your "new" version is, those terms mean absolutely nothing to me. You need to refer to specific version numbers please.

You say you are familiar with "read me" files, but there are none for FSUIPC, only several documents. I suggest you start by checking the Technical options section in the User Guide, then maybe peruse the History document to see all the changes between your "old" version (perhaps pre-2.85?) and the current one (2.975, released mid March this year).

Pete