The simFlight Network Forums

Something *really* weird with WideFS

Hi,

Hope someone can help me. When ever WideServer is running with 1 WideClient connected, my fs9 crashes when loading scenery. WideClient only serves FSRealTime, and ASv6.

The crash occurs when I move from one Airport to another (World->Select Airport). I suspect, this is because fs9 takes time to load the scenery and as such WideServer cannot process the data received (or something similar). This is the only time it happens, I can reproduce this every single time.

The only way I can move to another airport is to either slew (not really usefull to slew from FAJS to KJFK), or, shutdown WideClient before I move to another airport.

This started happening about a day ago now, after I removed some unused airplanes from my simulator - and I cannot see how that would affect WideServer/Client.

Something I haven't tried yet was reinstalling WideServer & FSUIPC, but I see that as a last resort. On occasion right after the crash, WideServer would give a Winsock error.

Hopefully someone can help me out here.

Thanks,

Chris

When ever WideServer is running with 1 WideClient connected, my fs9 crashes when loading scenery. WideClient only serves FSRealTime, and ASv6.

The crash occurs when I move from one Airport to another (World->Select Airport). I suspect, this is because fs9 takes time to load the scenery and as such WideServer cannot process the data received (or something similar). This is the only time it happens, I can reproduce this every single time.

At what point in the loading progress bar has FS reached when this occurs? Could it be in the "Loading traffic" section near the end, by any chance? I have found that the AI traffic loading can be very touchy when the traffic is very heavy of complex -- My Traffic, for instance, gives me more crashes at that stage then, for example, Ultimate Traffic, even with the same % settings. With My Traffic at 100% FS sometimes even crashes during initial loads, way before WideFS is even active. I had to turn it down to 65%

Try reducing the AI traffic percent -- you may find a level where FS is more reliable.

... or, shutdown WideClient before I move to another airport.

HJave you not simply tried pausing or closing WideClient's applications instead, after all WideClient is only acting on their behalf. I see you are running FSRealTime & ASV6. Of these two the most likely cause is FSRealTime, if you have it set to update the time too often, for instance, and it tries to do this whilst FS is loading new Traffic. This is quite a well-known problem and mostly was fixed by changes in FSUIPC (make sure you are using FSUIPC 3.53 or later) and some improvements in FSRealTime -- make sure youy are using the very latest version of that.

This started happening about a day ago now, after I removed some unused airplanes from my simulator - and I cannot see how that would affect WideServer/Client.

Aha! No it wouldn't, but if you are using an add-on AI traffic system then possibly you removed some aircraft which have AI duties? After changing aircraft you usually need to regenerate the traffic files, especially with Ultimate Traffic, which I think uses all the aircraft it finds suitable.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for the suggestions Pete and welcome back!!!

FSRealTime... Yes. That hasn't been updated in a LONG time. I'll check for updates on that. FSUIPC also seems to have been over written by something again (I hate it when that happens). FSRealTime reports 3.520 :oops:

I'll do some updates tonight and see if the problem presist. AI is only IVAO planes and Just Flight Traffis 2005 (not to old). I think the problem is the perhaps old FSUIPC and FSRealTime. I didn't pick this up at the time of posting, so thanks for pointing it out ;)