The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and EPIC : how to write negative value.

Hi Peter.

I use PM, FSUIPC and EPIC system in my flightdeck.

How can I sent a negative value to offset 04E6 ?

EPIC can't handle it with nqw. To sent +2000 fts/min, no pb, but to sent -2000fts/min, it is impossible. But, when using pigeon holes for this 04E6 offset, I can get the sign of the value with the mask 0X8000. But it is from a code I get on the internet, so I don't understand it.

By the way, this offset is told to be read only, but I can write it and it works.

So Can you tell me the format of the value in this offset, by exemple, for a VS of -2000 or -700. Something in hex format ? I will figure how to make it and sent if via my EPIC code.

RE

http://remont.free.Fr/cockpit

I use PM, FSUIPC and EPIC system in my flightdeck.

How can I sent a negative value to offset 04E6 ?

Whether a value is positive or negative is all in the interpretation, not the value. In 16-bits, for example, a value 65535 looks identical to a value of -1, depending whether you treat it as signed or unsigned. In hexadecimal they both look like FFFF.

EPIC can't handle it with nqw. To sent +2000 fts/min, no pb, but to sent -2000fts/min, it is impossible.

If this is in a 16-bit (2-byte) word, then send 63536. It is the same. Calculate it as 65536 + (the negative value). In EPIC you would need to do

65535 - (your positive value, eg 2000)

then add 1. The 1 difference is needed because 65536 cannot be accommodated in 16 bits.

Regards

Pete