The simFlight Network Forums

FS9 and Video Graphics [color=red]Problems[/color]

Hi everyone, a month and a half ago I ceased being able to run FS 2004 -A Century of Flight because of Video Graphics problems. Simply my flights froze and a pop-up told me about problems with my video graphics driver. After that I up-graded this driver but I found I couldn't select any weather either real or defaulted! :evil:I Could only start a new flight in the player defined weather but there simply wasn't ANY WEATHER and after a while the video froze again!! :evil: :evil: This time the usual pop-up told about problems with Weather.dll. I asked for support to Microsoft but the answer was the problem concerned add-ons unmade by Microsoft Corp.: they could do nothing!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: So I uninstalled FS9 and after I installed it again, and I found it worked properly, problems returned exactly the same after I installed FSUIPC. I found that FSUIPC.dll had to be upgraded and I did it but the problem remained the same. I unistalled FSUIPC but FS9 didn't work anymore! I uninstalled the game again and repeated everything to be sure and the result was the same...and I have so many airplanes that need FSUIPC!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

So I uninstalled FS9 and after I installed it again, and I found it worked properly, problems returned exactly the same after I installed FSUIPC. I found that FSUIPC.dll had to be upgraded and I did it but the problem remained the same.

What version of FS? What version of FSUIPC? Check the FS Modules folder, look for a file called "FSUIPC.LOG" -- show me that.

By "installing" and "upgrading" FSUIPC, what do you actually mean? The entire process for both events consists purely and simply of copying the FSUIPC.DLL into the FS Modules folder. Do NOT put it into the main FS folder.

I unistalled FSUIPC but FS9 didn't work anymore!

In that case it was NOT "FSUIPC.DLL" which you "uninstalled", since there is no other change made by FSUIPC -- if it is in the FS Modules folder, it is loaded by FS, if it isn't, it isn't. It is as simple as that. You probably "uninstalled" something needed by FS, one of its own modules (maybe "FSUI.DLL, the FS User Interface?). Most DLLs in the Modules folder are part of FS and needed by FS.

I uninstalled the game again and repeated everything to be sure and the result was the same.

And what EXACTLY is the 'result'? FSUIPC does very little by itslef. Simply copying the DLL into the Modules folder installs it, but if nothing uses it , it does very little. Certainly nothing to stop FS running. Please describe EXACTLY what you are doing and what you see, and show me the FSUIPC.LOG file, otherwise I really cannot help you. There are many thousands of users who simply copy in the DLL and forget it. It is not a complicated thing to do!

Regards,

Pete