The simFlight Network Forums

Programming Language FSUIPC and FSWide ?

Hi Pete, or some who knows the question,

Does anyone know which programming enviroment Pete Dowson use to build FSUIPC and FSWide ?

I always thought he uses C, but after search some post regarding problems with C++ I've find out, Pete is not using C.

Just wanna know.

Regards,

Bob.

Does anyone know which programming enviroment Pete Dowson use to build FSUIPC and FSWide ?

YesI do! ;-)

BTW it is "WideFS" not "FSwide".

I always thought he uses C, but after search some post regarding problems with C++ I've find out, Pete is not using C.

Oh yes I am! It is almost 100% C, with a little bit of ASM inserted in special places where I didn't like what C did, or where I couldn't do what I wanted efficiently without it.

Currently I'm using the C/C++ compiler from Microsoft's Visual Studio .NET 2003, in Native C mode. Before that I used MSVC/C++ 6, and before that Watcom C, Topspeed C, Lattice C (on the Amiga) going back to BCPL in the 70's (BCPL was a forerunner to C). Between 1963 and 1981 I also used mostly assembly code for whatever machine I was programming, though dabbling a bit in Fortran and APL. I gave Cobol I wide berth! ;-)

Regards,

Pete

YesI do! ;-)

I bet you do :lol:

BTW it is "WideFS" not "FSwide".

I knew that...typo 8) I promise you this, I got it wrong now, it will probl. go wrong in any other conversation in the future (got stuck in my head).

...Oh yes I am! It is almost 100% C, with a little bit of ASM inserted in special places where I didn't like what C did, or where I couldn't do what I wanted efficiently without it.

Currently I'm using the C/C++ compiler from Microsoft's Visual Studio .NET 2003, in Native C mode...

Intresting...I love ANSI C, and getting used to C++ now, esp. when you started with ASM I guess. Nice to know.

...I gave Cobol I wide berth! ;-)

It is still hot at my work. 3 people work 40 hours a week with RM/Cobol.

So your always working with good stuff then Pete :)

Thanks for answering so intresting background questions.

Regards,

Bob.