The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.53/FS2000/RC4

Have just installed RC4 which included FSUIPC 3.53.dll. However, after overwriting FSUIPC 2.84.dll (I think) which worked fine for FS2000 with no problems, I am now receiving a Microsoft FS2000 error message. If I recopy my old FSUIPCdll file it works, but will not support RC. Where do I go from here? Is there a happy medium here somewhere? Or, does Ver3.53 not support FS2000? For some strange reason, the text of the Microsoft FS2000 error message states a compatability issue. Shows Windows NT. I am running Windows XP Home. Thanks for any reply.

I am now receiving a Microsoft FS2000 error message.

Version 3.53 works with FS2000 here. What exact error message are you seeing?

does Ver3.53 not support FS2000?

Well, it is getting increasingly difficult to support such old versions -- after all, it is now, what, nearly 7 years old? There is a problem which I am unable to fix, as documented in the User guide, but certainly none which stops it working -- UNLESS, that is, you have an un-updated FS2000? wasn't there an update to FS2000? I think you need that.

For some strange reason, the text of the Microsoft FS2000 error message states a compatability issue. Shows Windows NT. I am running Windows XP Home.

What "shows Windows NT"? What is the actual message? I have FS2000 installed here on WinXP and FSUIPC runs okay.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks Mr. Dowson for replying. Yes, I do have the update installed, and here is my text I sent to the guys at RC:

Reads as follows, "Flight Simulator 2000 Module has

encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry

for the inconvenience.".

In error report it shows:

System Information

Windows NT5.1 Build: 2600

CPU Vendor Code: 68747541 - 69746E65 - 444D4163

CPU Version: 00000662

CPU AMD Feature Code: C1C3FBFF

Module 1

FS2000.ICD

Image Base: 0x00400000 Image Size: 0x000000000

Checksum: 0x000000000 Time Stamp: 0x37f12d6c

Version Information

Signature: feef04bd

StrucVer: 00010000

FileVer: (7.0:0.4781)

ProdVer: (7.0:0.4781)

FlagMask: 0000003f

Flags: 00000000

FileType: 00000001

SubType: 00000000

FileDate: 00000000:00000000

Module 2

ntdll.dll

Image Base: 0x7c900000 ETC. ETC. Etc.

I have sent this to Microsoft 10 times since I first

installed it a week ago, but went back to Ver 2.842

when this new version would not compile. No reply from

Microsoft. Anyway, I'm running Windows XP, not NT as

the notes in the error report say. Is this a version

compatability issue?

Reads as follows ...

I'm running Windows XP, not NT as

the notes in the error report say. Is this a version

compatability issue?

None of that is actually anything to do with FSUIPC I'm afraid. Why FS should crash when loading one version of FSUIPC but not another I do not understand (though one is much larger than the other), but it certainly looks as if there is something wrong either with your FS2000 installation (and possibly with that annoying CD protection system, for that it what the module FS2000.ICD is all about), or, maybe a problem with the Windows installation.

As for "NT" as opposed to "XP", I believe (but I'm not sure) that NT5.1 is actually WinXP first release. Have you not updated WinXP to SP! or SP2 level? I would recommend you get XP up to the latest revision level in any case.

As for FS2000, I attach a replacement FS2000.exe which you can use which removes the CD checking, in case that is the problem. Microsoft of course would not like this normally, but I think in the case of a 7 year old product not currently on sale it won't matter.

If this doesn't help then I'm afraid there are only two other steps you can take: reinstall FS2000, and, failing that, reinstall Windows XP. But let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Regards,

Pete

FS2000 nocd.zip

Unistalled and reinstalled FS2000. Made sure FS2Kstan.exe was implemented. Added FSUIPC 3.53.dll to modules folder. Windows XP has all updates available. Added NOCD.zip, works fine. Just loaded FS2K and still have same error message when I click on FSUIPC in Modules folder. Adv Display is fine. Just about to pull my hair out.

I understand RC4 works with FSUIPC Version 3.0(?) and higher. All i can tell is that there is some kind of compatability issue here since Vers. 2.84 works and compiles and 3.53 doesn't.

Just loaded FS2K and still have same error message when I click on FSUIPC in Modules folder.

Erthis is the very first time you have ever stated this!!! You mean that all this time you've been able to load FS2000 and run it with FSUIPC 3.53 installed? It is only when you go into the Menu for the FSUIPC options you get the crash? Your previous messages implied that with FSUIPC 3 installed you could not use FS2000!!!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I did point out, in an earlier reply to you, that "there is a problem which I am unable to fix, as documented in the User guide, but certainly none which stops it working". Did this not prompt you to take a look?

Please PLEASE check the user documentation. Not far from the front there's a paragraph about this, and it tells you about a work-around, should you need to go into FSUIPC options.

Incidentally, you do NOT need to go anywhere near FSUIPC's options in order to run Radar Contact in any case.

Regards,

Pete

Sorry Pete, I aplogize for not specifying the aforementioned. I'm sure that would have made things a lot easier. I just always thought I had to go to the Menu file for modules and set FSUIPC to WX minimums in order to use FS Meteo. Also, am including a copy of FSUIPC log file and it shows that this copy is not registered. I thought with RC4 the registration was included.

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.53 by Pete Dowson *********

Running inside FS2000

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC not user registered

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=00008027[00008027]

InitDelay: 3 seconds

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=0

3453 System time = 13:15:22

3453 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2000\

4235 SITUATIO\FS2000.flt

6453 AIRCRAFT\C182\Cessna182S.air

7219 Aircraft=""

14328 System time = 13:15:33, FS2000 time = 13:15:31 (19:15Z)

19875 #FLTsave: FS2000/CFS2 SaveFlight intercept installed ok

20235 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

20235 ADVDRV.DLL has been patched for weather and other variables

20235 SIM1.SIM patched for more accurate altitude holding

Do I need to register this version then, and where do I go in the program to put in the key. I thought I had brushed through the new user's guide, but maybe I had better go REFRESH!

Thanks

Pete, I know this may sound stupid, but what does this mean?

However, a reliable work-around has been found and verified. Before trying to go into FSUIPC’s options,

right-click on the outside view and uncheck the “Hide Menu” entry. This will allow you to get into the

FSUIPC option pages. Do not try to move the window around—that seems to also make FS2000 unstable.

After exiting the FSUIPC options you can safely re-enable the “hide Menu” option.

Where is the outside view to right click on?

Where is the outside view to right click on?

The outside world, the scenery, the view out of the cockpit window -- that is where you will find the right-click options to show or hide the FS menu.

I think Microsoft do document their program someplace, especially in FS2000 days. These days it is almost all in the help windows, though. I do find this stuff difficult to find in those.

Regards,

Pete

I did as you said. Went to Spot plane view. Right clicked and menu bar disappeared. How do you get to FSUIPC settings box as you described from this point? Have rescanned all FS2K HELP files and did not come across anything. Do I still need to set WX in FSUIPC to MINIMUMS to use FSMeteo, or will it compensate?

Sorry to be so much trouble!

I did as you said. Went to Spot plane view. Right clicked and menu bar disappeared.

1. Why "spot plane" view? Surely you have a cockpit window through which you see the outside world without having to actually get out of the aircraft?

2. There seems to be even more confusion. If the menu bar disappeared whien you clicked "Hide Menu", then it wasn't actually checked already. The workaround I found states:

However, a reliable work-around has been found and verified. Before trying to go into FSUIPC’s options, right-click on the outside view and uncheck the “Hide Menu” entry. This will allow you to get into the FSUIPC option pages.

Do you see the word "uncheck"? If it was already unchecked, that means the menu was not already hidden. In that case the FSUIPC options should have worked okay. The problem only arises (at least on mine and most others systems) when the menu bar is hidden.

If you are finding that it doesn't work with or without the FS menu showing then I am sorry, but I really have no answer.

Do I still need to set WX in FSUIPC to MINIMUMS to use FSMeteo, or will it compensate?

FSMeteo makes its own weather settings. Unless you've paid for and registered FSUIPC (which seems unlikely if you can't get into the options), then there won't be any "weather settings" to set to minimum. None of the FSUIPC user options are available to you.

Sorry to be so much trouble!

Well, it isn't my trouble so much as yours, sorry, but you do seem to be revealing one little thing at a time. Now it's FSMeteo. Before it was RC. Which of these are you having trouble running? Have you actually TRIED them? Please do so, I'm sure they'll be okay -- though many of the new features in RCV4 do depend on using FS2004, I must say (because of the AI traffic interaction).

Surely you have no need to visit FSUIPC options at all, yet. If you have, please tell me what it is you want to do there and maybe we can find another way.

As far as the crash is concerned, I am very sorry but I'm afraid it is far too late for me to find the time and resources to fix problems which affect FS2000 alone. The work-around does work here and on other folks systems. I don't know why it doesn't on yours. The problem is deep down in DirectX and I suspect it is related to changes in DirectX in the last seven years.

Regards,

Pete