The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC

Guest airbus320

Guest airbus320

I am having problems with my Fs2002 when fsuipc is installed. When i climb to about 15,000 feet, the clouds and sky blacken (they become very dark). This remains until about 25,000'. Without FSUIPC installed. I have no similar problems. I would appreciated alot if anyone could help. my e-mail is ppl@di-ve.com

I am having problems with my Fs2002 when fsuipc is installed. When i climb to about 15,000 feet, the clouds and sky blacken (they become very dark). This remains until about 25,000'. Without FSUIPC installed. I have no similar problems. I would appreciated alot if anyone could help. my e-mail is ppl@di-ve.com

FSUIPC itself does nothing unless you have selected options or are running a program, and certainly it doesn't have anything to do with graphics at all. Possibly you have the random cirrus additional cloud layer enabled and something has replaced your nice wispy cirrus clouds with some horrible dark graphic?

The other possibility is that you have enabled the "Virtual Sky" option by mistake? That only works properly in conjunction with the correct installation of the application program which provides the graphics.

Did you check the weather dialogue in FS to see what conditions were set when this occurred? I might help to know.

Just select "minimum weather defaults" on the first page of FSUIPC's options. If that stops it then you have either got a video card driver problem which is rendering clouds badly, or have virtual sky enabled, or have somehow replaced your nice cirrus clouds with something horrible.

You can check the cirrus clouds by adding some yourself, of course -- go to FS's weather dialogues and have a play.

Always check the options you have set in FSUIPC whenever you suspect anything. It saves a lot of hassle. I hate having all those options, but they've all been put there at the requests of users, all of them. :-(

Pete