The simFlight Network Forums

Axis Calibration Offset

Pete,

Is there a way to have an offset location that would accept a value that resets the yoke/rudder to a default (automatic) calibration? The same way as manually opening the PFC.DLL dialog and selecting >automatic calibration> for aileron, elevator and rudder in the flight controls calibration page.

Is there a way to have an offset location that would accept a value that resets the yoke/rudder to a default (automatic) calibration? The same way as manually opening the PFC.DLL dialog and selecting >automatic calibration> for aileron, elevator and rudder in the flight controls calibration page.

No. How would that work, and why would you want it? Merely to save doing ALT+P and a few mouseclicks? Don't forget the "automatic calibration" still expects you to move your yoke etc back and forth to its extremes a few times -- and afterwards you normally need to adjust the settings manually, as, for safety, the automatic calibration wastes quite a lot of axis movement at each end (and in the centre).

And surely this is something done once then forgotten. If your calibration is drifting off so often that you need to re-calibrate automatically every now and then there is something wrong somewhere. I have had PFC equipment for years and have only calibrated once or twice (except for testing new facilities on occasion).

Regards,

Pete

I have suspected one of the potentiometers was acting strange and drifting, now I'm sure of it. If you've only had to calibrate a couple of times with the amount of flying you do, then I need to look more closely at replacing some hardware. Thanks.