The simFlight Network Forums

Jotstick settings issue

Pete,

I wonder if you can throw any light on this issue as you have done some work on joysticks with FSUIPC.

I use FSUIPC for all my joystick inputs into FS2004 because I find it easier to get the correct "feel" for the various axes (especially the rudder/ground steering which is appaling in FS2004!).

For the past few weeks firstly the rudder and now the joystick seem to be losing thier calibration settings when I start FS2004 - as a result the a/c can be uncontrollable unless I calibrate each time and then reset the axes parameters within FSUIPC.

I don't this that this is a FSUIPC problem but have you any idea what could be causing it ?

Many thanks

PS - my joystick is a Saitek with a self-calibrating driver - my rudder pedals are old-fashioned Thrustmaster which are calibrated manually

I use FSUIPC for all my joystick inputs into FS2004 because I find it easier to get the correct "feel" for the various axes (especially the rudder/ground steering which is appaling in FS2004!).

What version of FSUIPC? Do you mean the new Axis Assignment facilities in the interim versions (see above)?

For the past few weeks firstly the rudder and now the joystick seem to be losing thier calibration settings when I start FS2004 - as a result the a/c can be uncontrollable unless I calibrate each time and then reset the axes parameters within FSUIPC.

And what sort of differences in the values are you seeing? Mostly changes, if they arise from the hardware, are caused by temperatire and humidity variations. The other possibility is deterioration of the potentiometer (wipers wearing down or dirt on the wire windings or carbon surface).

If you've not tried yet, look at the Axis Assignment facilities in the new interim version of FSUIPC. These won't fix a failing joystick, but it may help you see more precisely what is happening.

Regards,

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. I have the registered version. My saitek cybor gold stick went out and I got the saitek st290 pro. Now when I start fs9 and select a plane I have to go in and recalibrate. If I don't and I start moving the throttle the engines rev up fast and the rudder moves too quickly. Once I calibrate the throttle is smooth and so is the rudder. I also do the elevators and airones while I'm at it.