The simFlight Network Forums

Fsuipc offset

Which offset is recommended to read elevator trim.

$0BC2 ex. has an awkward value which I find hard to

process for the stepper motor.

Why awkward? It operates as a proportion of max deflection (FS doesn't appear to operate "trim tabs" as such, and the range of the trim seems to equate to the range of the elevator itself.

The only other value is the one at 2EA0, which is a double floating point value giving the angle in radians. Not sure that's going to be any easier for you than a simple integer!

Regards,

Pete

Awkward possible wrong expression. I used it because the value I read from 0BC2 is:

49153 pitch up, then to 65519 near neutral then suddenly 0 and up to 16383 pitch down.

Values from SIOC software.

Could there be a snag in my FS9, because the elevator rudder in 737pmdg does not move

smoothly, the rudder change position in a vibrating manner.

Anyway many tanks for answer, and there is of cause other ways to make a trim indicator.

the value I read from 0BC2 is:

49153 pitch up, then to 65519 near neutral then suddenly 0 and up to 16383 pitch down.

There's no possible values as 49153 or 65519 in a 16-bit signed number. The capacity of 16 bits won't allow it -- you are treating the value incorrectly, as unsigned!

As documented, the range is -16384 to +16383. Your "49153" is actually -16383 and "65519" is -17.

Could there be a snag in my FS9, because the elevator rudder in 737pmdg does not move smoothly, the rudder change position in a vibrating manner.

What's an "elevator rudder"?

As to how FS or specific add-on aircraft animate the surfaces visually I have no idea. It doesn't matter to me, as pilot, because I can't see them from the cockpit. But you should always test on a default aircraft. If the PMDG animations are not as good as you would expect you need to complain to PMDG. Otherwise I assume it is an FS limitation. But I don't think the animations have any bearing on the actual flight characteristics.

Regards,

Pete