The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and PMDG 747

Hi Pete,

I would want to know if these two questions are true:

1.- Does the PMDG 747-400 have a licensed version of your FSUIPC, so I do not need to purchase the registered one unless I need the extra functionality your modules offers because I just need the PMDG 747-400 works well with all its system with the version included on it

2.- Is it correct If I get the PMDG 747-400 I can update your FSUIPC to the latest version for free?

3.- If the first question is correct so I do not need to get the registered FSUIPC and use the licensed version included with the PMDG 747-400 how can I do to registered the latest version of your FSUIPC because if the second question is true I wanted to know how can I enter the key to register the latest version?

Many thanks,

Victor

Does the PMDG 747-400 have a licensed version of your FSUIPC

Isn't this clear from PMDG? Yes, they are licensed to use FSUIPC without the user paying any extra, and no, there is no such thing as a "licensed version". They may ship a version, but it most likely will not be the latest. I only support the current version at any time so it is in your interest to download and install updates from time to time.

Do not confuse "licensed access" and "versions of FSUIPC". Licenses for FSUIPC version 3 apply to ALL versions 3.xxx. There is no "licensed" version as opposed to an "unlicensed version". I have enough to do without maintaining such silly diversities. ;-)

Is it correct If I get the PMDG 747-400 I can update your FSUIPC to the latest version for free?

You can get the latest version of FSUIPC "for free" at any time in any case -- it is freely downloadable at http://www.schiratti.com/dowson, and there are often later interim versions, with more facilities, here, in the Announcements above.

... I wanted to know how can I enter the key to register the latest version?

If you want access to the user facilities in FSUIPC you purchase a user key from SimMarket. See the links on the Schiratti website page, in the Announcements above, and in the FSUIPC User documentation which you will find in the downloadable ZIP. When you get the key, just follow the instructions.

Regards,

Pete