The simFlight Network Forums

fsmetar/activesky

heloo folks out there im wondering which weather generator is the best one to use, i have been hearing that activesky does not work well if you are running several monitors thru wideview, even activeskys web sight says that, but im wondering does anybody use fsmetar thru a network of coms.

also is fsmeteo a weather generator, or do i have it confused with fsmetar.

thanks............................Robert

heloo folks out there im wondering which weather generator is the best one to use, i have been hearing that activesky does not work well if you are running several monitors thru wideview, even activeskys web sight says that, but im wondering does anybody use fsmetar thru a network of coms.

The problem of using several PCs to try to show an extended outside view is that you just cannot get the weather synchronised on all of them at the same time in any case. I don't think the source of the weather (i.e. which program you use) is relevant.

From previous reports I suspect there's also a bug in WidevieW's method of copying the weather. From what folks say it doesn't seem to be dealing with all the local weather stations as you fly, with the result that the weather "disappears".

Incidentally, you can't get the AI traffic coordinated across multiple PCs either, though this probably is only of major importance when taxiing at airports and taking off/landing.

also is fsmeteo a weather generator, or do i have it confused with fsmetar.

FSMeteo is a weather program like ActiveSky. The two have been competing for several years now. FSMeteo took an early lead but I suspect ActiveSky is well ahead now. Both are payware of course. I don't know much about FSMetar. There is another payware weather program called WeatherMaker Pro.

Regards,

Pete