The simFlight Network Forums

Vanishing weather?

Hi all, let me just say I have been away from FS for about 2 years and have started getting back into it, reinstalling FS2002 (my system is a few years old so have not made the plunge to fs2004 will probably upgrade in the fall so am waiting on FSX) and some of my huge catalog of addons.

I understand things have changed, and fsuipc is now payware (if you want all the options the old versions had) and I read all the docs but have a few questions and a problem so bear with me.

I use the latest 3.53 BTW.

First, of all, I see the options are not usable unless you register, fine I'll decide if I really want to get back in then register. I want to know though, are things like "no repostion on gps load" and "battery fix" enabled by default when it is not registered?

Second a strange weather problem with the default real weather (I ahve internet now at home so can finally fly). Started a flight from le Bourget in Paris to Brussells and downloaded the local weather. no change (it seemed) I checked in the FS weather menu and local weather showed light winds from 353, broken clouds and pressure 29.74...yet when the ATIS was tuned the weather was standard all across the board. Both disconnecting and staying online.

I read this:

• Detects when FS2000 or FS2002 downloaded ‘real weather’ is in operation locally, and decodes this for application programs to use. If a weather control program wants to change the weather, FSUIPC automatically clears the local weather so that the external control can be implemented. In FS2004 external programs can read specific weather at named stations.

and

AutoClearWeather: FSUIPC will, by default, automatically operate the "Clear All Weather" function in FS2000–2004 if local weather is in force and:

(a) An FS98 weather control program changes the weather, or

(b) The "Force Weather" hot key is used (see next parameter), or

© The "Clear All" command is received on the Advanced or (in FS2004) New Weather Interfaces.

If this automatic action is not required, set this parameter to “No”.

It seems it is clearing the local weather to use global somehow...yet I don't use any external program. I did use FSmeteo 2-3 years ago but my licence lapsed and I no longer have it installed. Unless something is left causing fsuipc to clear my weather? Where do I look and how do I change it? Sorry for the question this is bugging me a bit. BTW the fsuipc.ini is not like the old one none of the parameters are listed.

I want to know though, are things like "no repostion on gps load" and "battery fix" enabled by default when it is not registered?

No. Neither. The are active intercpets, part of the user facilities offered.

It isn't on GPS load in any case, but on plan load as I remember. In FS2004 that option disappears as it is now offered by FS when you load the plan.

Second a strange weather problem

It seems it is clearing the local weather to use global somehow...yet I don't use any external program.

No, it doesn't do that. Please check the FSUIPC.LOG which will show what it does.

BTW the fsuipc.ini is not like the old one none of the parameters are listed.

What parameters are they?

Without registration, FSUIPC does almost nothing at all unless it is being used by an application program, or by an internal DLL or Gauge. If you are using none of these and you are not registered you may as well remove it.

Regards,

Pete

Ok thanks then, I am not at home so will have to check out some of the points you mentioned like looking at the log. I meant parameters like "AutoClearWeather" "MagicBattery" etc. registration is probably a good idea in any case. Thank you.

Ok thanks then, I am not at home so will have to check out some of the points you mentioned like looking at the log. I meant parameters like "AutoClearWeather" "MagicBattery" etc. registration is probably a good idea in any case. Thank you.

MagicBattery won't apply if it isn't registered. AutoClearWeather will default if it isn't there. I'm pretty sure the default is "Yes" but it will tell you in the Advanced User's document. In any case, that only has an effect if something actually writes to weather offsets in FSUIPC.

Regards,

Pete