The simFlight Network Forums

Widefs connection troubles

i think i'm getting close to getting Widefs setup i just can't seem to get past this

********* WideClient Log [version 6.51] Class=FS98MAIN *********

Date (dmy): 25/03/06, Time 11:50:50.323: Client name is CLIENT

450 Attempting to connect now

470 Trying TCP/IP host "FSComp" port 8002 ...

470Okay, IP Address = 192.168.1.2

21511 Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10060] Connection timed out

21511 Ready to try connection again

21541 Attempting to connect now

264720 ****** End of session performance summary ******

264720 Total time connected = 0 seconds

264720 Reception maximum: 0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec

264720 Transmission maximum: 0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec

264720 Max receive buffer = 0, Max send depth = 0, Send frames lost = 0

264720 ********* Log file closed (Buffers: MaxUsed 0, Alloc 0 Freed 0 Refused 0) *********

********* WideServer.DLL Log [version 6.51] *********

Blocksize guide = 4096 (double allowed)

Date (dmy): 25/03/06, Time 11:49:38.781: Server name is FSCOMP

58672 Initialising TCP/IP server

58687 Initialising IPX/SPX server

58687 IPX/SPX socket() failed [Error=10047] Address family not supported by protocol family

58687 Failed to start IPX/SPX Server

60062 Broadcasting service every 1 mSecs

69828 Restarting service due to total lack of use

69828 Failed to start IPX/SPX Server

333250 Closing down now ...

Memory managed: Offset records: 0 alloc, 0 free

Throughput maximum achieved: 0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec

Throughput average achieved for complete session: 0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec

********* Log file closed *********

it looks like the client is "seeing" the Server but the connection times out and the server log shows no connection at all...any advice appreciated...no firewalls are running..but the connection is through a linksys router which i suspect is where the trouble lies

i think i'm getting close to getting Widefs setup i just can't seem to get past this

If you are using default Network settings in your WinXP installations there should be no problems, it should just work, "out of the box".

ARE you using WinXP both ends?

I really don't know why Windows should report

21511 Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10060] Connection timed out

All it says in the Windows help for this is:

"A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or the established connection failed because the connected host has failed to respond",

which is obviously not very helpful.

it looks like the client is "seeing" the Server but the connection times out and the server log shows no connection at all...any advice appreciated...no firewalls are running..but the connection is through a linksys router which i suspect is where the trouble lies

Well, you could try bypassing that just as a test (though to connect two computers directly together you'll need a crossover cable). Compare the assorted settings on both PCs too. Are they both WinXP? If not the default protocol settings may be different. Can you share files and so on both ways okay?

Regards

Pete

It seems i do indeed have a networking problem...i'll have to sort that out first and then i'll move on to the widefs installation...both Computers are Winxp...anyhow...thanks Pete for pointing me in the right direction

Peter

Just thought i'd let you know i've sorted the problems and now have Widefs running flawlessly...had to completely re-install xp on the Client computer(laptop)...the long and short of it is Networking and Widefs now working...thank you for your help

Mike

Just thought i'd let you know i've sorted the problems and now have Widefs running flawlessly...had to completely re-install xp on the Client computer(laptop)...the long and short of it is Networking and Widefs now working...thank you for your help

Great! Thanks for letting me know! Sounds like some sort of network driver corruption or mix-up.

Regards,

Pete