The simFlight Network Forums

Squawkbox no longer connects

So last night I tried to get online, well I got these nice little popups saying that squawkbox couldn't connect. I am using WideFS to connect my two computers and it worked fine until I had to uninstall the old FSUIPC module in order to run the PMDG aircraft.

As you can see in the image below, WideClient says that it is connected:

connected1uk.jpg

but yet:

notconneted5pk.jpg

I had to change the FSUIPC version so that I could please the 744F...

So after that I did a little more investigating, and I have tried to run activesky on the FS PC. Well it too says that flight sim is not connected...so now I don't know what to do as I have no clue what is going on at this point.

A few people in other forums have suggested it's a network issue however, I don't think this is a network issue or even a WideFS issue any longer. I think it may be a FSUIPC issue now. My reasoning for this is that if it were a network issue, AS6 should be working on the FS PC and it is not. It tells me FS is not connected.

Any insight as to what is happening would be greatly appreciated. :)

I had to change the FSUIPC version so that I could please the 744F...

And what version have you changed FROM and TO?

Are you user registered with both WideFS and FSUIPC? The email address you are using here isn't listed.

Any insight as to what is happening would be greatly appreciated. :)

Try removing the FSUIPC.Key file from the FS Modules folder, then run a locally connected application such as your ASV6 again. If it works, then your registration is suspect. Zip up and send me the FSUIPC.KEY file and I will check it here. petedowson@btconnect.com.

Regards,

Pete