The simFlight Network Forums

Nostromo SpeedPad n52 help

Hello,

I am using the registered version of FSUIPC (v3.5.3.0 for now) and enjoying it every day. I currently use it with CH Products Throttle, Fighterstick and Pro Pedals.

I recently added the Nostromo SpeedPad n52 in order to have more available buttons, but I encounter some problems.

As required in the FSUIPC User Guide, the SpeedPad is visible through the Windows joystick interface. It is though almost never recognized by FSUIPC when hitting a key in the FSUIPC "Buttons" tab. In fact it worked just once - and despite many attempts afterwards it now doesn't work at all.

I don't think the problem would come from my USB system - all my USB devices work fine.

I have done a Google search with no result.

Any help?

Thank you in advance,

I recently added the Nostromo SpeedPad n52 in order to have more available buttons, but I encounter some problems.

As required in the FSUIPC User Guide, the SpeedPad is visible through the Windows joystick interface. It is though almost never recognized by FSUIPC when hitting a key in the FSUIPC "Buttons" tab. In fact it worked just once - and despite many attempts afterwards it now doesn't work at all.

I'm not sure how a piece of software could change behaviour. If something works, it works, if it doesn't, it doesn't.

Do these buttons have a "push on, release off" effect, or do they simply send a short pulse each time they are pressed? If the latter, then it may simply be that the pulse is too short to guarantee that it can be seen using a normal polling system -- FSUIPC by default polls at 40 per second on WinXP, 20 on Win98 etc.

You could try experimenting with the polling time -- check the PollInterval parameter for the main [buttons] section in the FSUIPC.INI. It is described in the Advanced Users guide.

FSUIPC uses a Windows interface called "joyGetPosEx", not DirectInput, and this may be a difference between the Windows' Game Controllers and FSUIPC. See how your device behaves with the Thrustmaster utility "joyview", attached to this message.

If you aren't using WinXP yet I would advise you to upgrade, as its treatment of USB is far superior to that of previous Windows versions.

Regards,

Pete

joyview.zip

Unfortunately I cannot download the attached file - where am I wrong?

I don't know. I've never heard of anyone not being able to download from here. I supply many files this way, including new interim versions of my programs in the announcements above.

I've just clicked on the download and it works. The file is very short -- are you sure it didn't just download so fast you didn't notice?

Pete

I am sorry again but maybe there is something wrong with my browser (IE). I cannot see the word "download" around the attached file.

I just tried to download another file from a recent topic on your site, with no result.

I have also made a search on the Thrustmaster site with "joyview" as keyword, but I couldn't find it.

I can usually download files with no problem. This is the first time it occurs to me.

I am sorry again but maybe there is something wrong with my browser (IE). I cannot see the word "download" around the attached file.

It isn't "around the attached file", it is just below the paper clip, which is way over to the right, right of the description, filename, everything. Maybe your window isn't wide enough. use the scroll bar.

Regards,

Pete

Could you give me a direct link to the file ?

There is no "download" below the paper clip :(

I have no website, so I cannot give "direct links" other than those this forum supports, which is what that paper clip and its associated link represents.

for now I'll send you it as an attachment by email, but please find out why your browser isn't working correctly with these Forums. you are missing out on any interim releases I post as well as anything anyone attaches in any of the Forums here. Maybe a message in the general forums, near the top of the list, which are overseen by Simflight folks, will elicit some help. It is probably down to something you have blocked.

Regards,

Pete