The simFlight Network Forums

Thank you for the FSUIPC display!

You said you couldn't do it Pete, when I asked for a transparent AdvDisplay, but you did it anyway clever you!

Well, I gave up trying to do it, and instead found a way to use FS's displays instead.

would it be possible to change the font size in it?

How do you change the font or font size in FS? If you can find out how to do it then I'm sure it will work with the FSUIPC one -- it is another FS display, it isn't mine. This is why all the sizing, docking and saving (in the FLT files) is handled by FS. I thought I said that.

Let me know if you know how to change FS fonts.

Regards,

Pete

Hi,

yeah thank you Pete! Just one question: Is there any chance to permanently Close the FSUIPC windows inside FS9 when using Showtext on a different PC via WideFS?

Really drives me nut that the FSUIPC windows always pops up again after some seconds no matter what i do (closed it through the context menu, closed it using the "x" at the top and so on).

thank you!

kindest regards

janosch

Is there any chance to permanently Close the FSUIPC windows inside FS9 when using Showtext on a different PC via WideFS?

Of course. Didn't you read the release notes in the announcement above, or spot the extra checkbox on the FSUIPC front options page? See this:

It can be turned off (to use only ShowText for example) in the front option screen—the other option there, to stop the multi-line messages going to FS’s default message window, would then need enabling.

You say:

Really drives me nut that the FSUIPC windows always pops up again after some seconds no matter what i do (closed it through the context menu, closed it using the "x" at the top and so on).

Oh dear. Sorry, but it drives me a bit nuts too the way some folks never even read what I say or look at what's available. Especially for interim versions where you'd think that would be the first thing they would do?

You evidently didn't even notice the new options or read much if any of the text? Even using the Advdisplay hot key to turn it off would be permanent until you turned it on again -- see this part in the Announcement:

The window only disappears when it is empty, but FSUIPC recognises the AdvDisplay hot key and will toggle the window on and off just as it does for AdvDisplay.

Best before going nuts just to have a brief look, okay?

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

sorry it was not my intention to annoy you and yes i did read the announcement. I tried the two options on the front side of the FSUIPC menu but after closing the windows INSIDE FS9 through this checkboxes showtext on the other pc was no longer updated (kinda frozen).

So i thought i ask here. :?

Anyway, i'll indeed did not tried the hotkey, will do that later on.

janosch

... after closing the windows INSIDE FS9 through this checkboxes showtext on the other pc was no longer updated (kinda frozen).

Really? Ouch! I cannot make that happen here.

This is the reason these new facilities are made available for folks before a formal release, so I can sort out any oddities.

You really needed to report this, not try to work around it. As it says in the announcement it is all designed to work well with or without ShowText -- I use ShowText all the time.

So I need to know much more about how you manage to get ShowText to fail, please. Step by Step, so I can reproduce it.

Anyway, i'll indeed did not tried the hotkey, will do that later on.

I'd rather we got the thing working as it should first, please. The hot key facility is simply intended for those who want to be able to view the wnidow when THEY want to, not as a work-around for a possible bug which needs fixing!

Thanks,

Pete

Just a further note on this:

I tried the two options on the front side of the FSUIPC menu ....

You did UNCHECK the first option (the one asking for the FSUIPC multiline display), and then, when the one below appeared (asking if you want to suppress the multiline messages going to FS's window), CHECK that, didn't you?

That's the correct way for ShowText only.

However, there should be no combination which actually prevents ShowText receiving the messages -- it simply reads the FSUIPC offsets, which are not actually affected by these options.

Let me know please. also, did you uninstall Advdisplay, or is that still installed? If it is is it enabled or not?

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

Let me know please. also, did you uninstall Advdisplay, or is that still installed? If it is is it enabled or not?

I uninstalled (deleted) ADVDisplay before dropping the new interim FSUIPC dll into the \modules folder. The less modules needed the better.

I'll try again later on and let you know!

best regards

janosch

• 2 weeks later...

Hy,

i have exactly the same problem, i delete first Advdisplay.dll and Advdisplay.ini, then i copy the fsuipc 3.553 into the modules; then i copied my pers. fsuipc.ini also.

Now when i open the main window i can chose multiline, when i close with OK and reopen it doesn't remember my last entry. it's unchecked.

Ok next step:

into the ini i'm setting:

ShowMultilineWindow=Yes

SuppressMultilineFS=No

After restart FS, now Multiline is enabled, but in Flight there is now new window, everthing is like before.

I would like to disable multiline but the same as before, it doesn't remember my set, only over the way to change the ini file.

Best regards and sorry for my bad english

if you want, i can send you some Hardcopy's

Stefan

i have exactly the same problem, i delete first Advdisplay.dll and Advdisplay.ini, then i copy the fsuipc 3.553 into the modules; then i copied my pers. fsuipc.ini also.

Now when i open the main window i can chose multiline

You can "choose" multiline? If Advdisplay isn't installed when you FIRST run this version of FSUIPC, then the option should already be checked, automatically. Are you sure you haven't run 3.553 before, with AdvDisplay installed? If so then, yes, it will initially appear unchecked.

when i close with OK and reopen it doesn't remember my last entry. it's unchecked.

I have just managed to reproduce a case when it doesn't seem to remember the check mark first time. I'm investigating now.

But then:

into the ini i'm setting:

ShowMultilineWindow=Yes

SuppressMultilineFS=No

After restart FS, now Multiline is enabled, but in Flight there is now new window, everthing is like before.

Ersorry, I don't understand what that last sentence means. How can there be a "new window" but "everything is like before"?

What are you expecting to happen, please? The FSUIPC window only appears if there is something for it to display.

I would like to disable multiline but the same as before, it doesn't remember my set, only over the way to change the ini file.

You want to "disable multiline", yet you set "SuppressMultilineFS=No". Shouldn't you have set that to "Yes"? Or do you mean you want to suppress the new FSUIPC window, in which case you should have "ShowMultilineWindow=No". I'm confused about what you actually want to do.

Regards,

Pete

THanks for your fast answer,

Are you sure you haven't run 3.553 before, with AdvDisplay installed? If so then, yes, it will initially appear unchecked.

That's right 3.553 is running before, so multiline is unchecked, ok, but when i checked multiline on, it doesn't remember, when i close the window and reopening (it's unchecked)?

I' used advdisplay before, to disable the messages from the (Vatsim/ivao); (XXX has joined & leave)

i understand that fsuipc can diable this messages also, that's right ?

Thanks Stefan

..... i expect that i didn't need Advdiplay to disable the messages in Multiplayer mode (VATSIM&IVAO)

"....xxx123 joined the session .... xxx 1212 leaved the session ...."

so i edit "SuppressMultilineFS=Yes", is it right ?

but the messages comes everytime again.

Stefan

That's right 3.553 is running before, so multiline is unchecked, ok, but when i checked multiline on, it doesn't remember, when i close the window and reopening (it's unchecked)?

Try FSUIPC 3.556, now available above. I think that is fixed now.

I' used advdisplay before, to disable the messages from the (Vatsim/ivao); (XXX has joined & leave)

i understand that fsuipc can diable this messages also, that's right ?

No, that isn't an FSUIPC function at all. The idea is to split the multiline type messages, like Radar Contact uses for menus, from the single line displays at the top of the screen.

Normally those programs which create those have an option in them to disable them.

Regards,

Pete

Everything clearly thanks. The first problem is solved. I understood second. Perhaps it is a function for the future

I hadn't realised there was a need to simply discard messages. My aim was to split them -- menu types suitable for a squarer window away from single or scrolling single line types providing information.

Whilst I can quite easily add options into FSUIPC to discard single line messages directed to FS through FSUIPC, this still isn't quite what AdvDisplay can do.

AdvDisplay actually intercepts FS's own messages, as from ATIS or other parts (very few now) and re-directs them (or, in your case, presumably suppresses them). This is quite a lot more than the code currently in FSUIPC.

If you think this is a desirable option, then possibly I can add it -- only for external programs (easy). Maybe I could add it, like AdvDisplay, for internal messages too -- i.e. including FS's, but I'd rather not.

I'd like to be clear on this, though. Exactly why is it needed? Don't the external programs you use have such messages optional?

Regards,

Pete

Thank you,

I fly for a long time with Ivao and Vatsim online, both programs can the messages of the Multiplayer's not suppress.

They possess their own text field for Atis,messages etc. however the messages of the Multiplayer's come further in the main window (FS) with the green bar.

If one looks for a solution in the forums, there is only Advdisplay to suppresses the message.

For all Online players it would be super, if we don't need any more Advdisplay to use , only for deactivate this messages in the green bar.

If every few seconds a new Player occurs, we have constantly the green bar in front of the cockpit

Bild 1

hopeful, Stefan :lol: