The simFlight Network Forums

New Display

Hello Peter

I would just like to thank you for the new display window,it is working very smooth here and i think that RC4.1 seems to have less pauses than with Advdisplay.

Great work.

Good. Glad you like it, but I find it strange that folks notice any performance difference with AdvDisplay. I don't really understand why that can be, unless it is related to video drivers (with a 2D window on a 3D display). Even then I can't measure any difference here.

The only reason I eventually did it this way was that I couldn't make translucent windows work consistently in Advdisplay using a separate window from those FS uses -- the effect varied from hardware to hardware. The FSUIPC window solution is actually one using FS's facilities instead of my own!

I incorporated it into FSUIPC because I don't really want to maintain so many separate modules in future. I will probably absorb things like GPSout and AutoSave into FSUIPC too, eventually. ;-)

Regards,

Pete

Hello Peter

I fly from the VC at all times using TrackIR maybe ADVdisplay affects the fps in the 3D window, anyway the new display feels smoother so far and RC4.1 answers me quicker as well.

Ah, it was never designed for VC (VC is recent compared with AdvDisplay, which dates from FS98 days). Additionally, I have never ever used VC mode.

Regards,

Pete