The simFlight Network Forums

Thrust Rev closing problem

Hi again,

I use a real Westwind 1124 cockpit running PM and a 737-700 plane and the Rev handles use a microswitch. I have both throttles running to a GoFlight quad board for button function. I can see thru calibration that the Rev buttons are working, as they light up Goflights icons.

Now what I have done is assign them thru Goflight's switching Rev 2 and 3 engines. I also have eng #1 assigned in the FS buttons using F2 under Engine- Dec- fast button. I know that you should not have them assigned in more than one place at the same time, so I have deleted one or the other assignments and tried it.

What is happening is that upon trying to close/end Rev thurst, they stay on. In order to close/shut off Rev, I have to push the throttles a hair forward and they go off.

The throttles work fine for forward thrust and I have tried to set them thru Pete's joystick section. If I make a little idle zone, the Rev come on while the throttles are in idle, or they wont come on at all. Since I have real Throttle/Rev levers, they must be phy. closed to open Rev up.

Is the problem that I have a microswitch working the Rev and not a pot setup? How do I make it so I close throttles to idle and then can open and close Rev, without having to push throttles forward.

Randy

What is happening is that upon trying to close/end Rev thurst, they stay on. In order to close/shut off Rev, I have to push the throttles a hair forward and they go off.

Sounds like the so-called "reverse" buttons merely do the same as pressing F2 -- i.e. throttle decrement. Without using a reversing type of throttle axis this would be the only way.

If you play with FS's keyboard controls you will find that there is also a "Throttle inc". Also "0" on the main keyboard is "throttle idle".

The throttles work fine for forward thrust and I have tried to set them thru Pete's joystick section. If I make a little idle zone, the Rev come on while the throttles are in idle, or they wont come on at all.

If reverse "comes on" when you set the throttles to idle, you most certainly are not setting the throttles to idle, but are pulling them back too far. If you can't help doing that, make the idle zone larger and a little more forward.

If the reverse won't engage is sounds like there is too much jitter on the joysticks and so their input is overriding the reverse setting from your "F2" pressing.

Since I have real Throttle/Rev levers, they must be phy. closed to open Rev up.

Sorry, that makes no sense against what you have already said. You are using a BUTTON for reversing, not the throttle levers, aren't you? If you are using levers, don't program the button, just program a reverse zone on the throttles.

Is the problem that I have a microswitch working the Rev and not a pot setup? How do I make it so I close throttles to idle and then can open and close Rev, without having to push throttles forward.

It sounds like you are mixing button and axis operations. If you want button settings to override axis settings you must make sure the axis inputs never change -- this either means having a perfectly stable throttle, or big enough idle or null zones to nullify any jitter -- and to make sure you engage the idle or null zone correctly to start with!

Regards,

Pete

On that part about the throttles having to be all the way closed or at idle postion, is that since they are real throttles, to raise the Rev levers, you have to have the throttles closed. A mechanical thing. You of course know that anyway.

I think I see what your saying about using your joysticks section to make a stable idle area for the throttles, so then the button use for Rev will work? Is that right.

Randy