The simFlight Network Forums

Spoiler setting question

Hi,

I have a spoiler handle to a pot. I am able to set the arming and travel OK thru Pete's new joystick mod.

The problem is that the arm zone is now very long. If moved from closed to about half way, still shows armed. I have tried with the regular spoiler set thru Pete's joysticks, to make the arm zone as small as I can, just moving it a hair and set, but still its covering half the spoiler travel zone. Half is arm zone the other half is spoiler down to up 100%. How would I get a more smaller arming zone to happen.

Randy

I have a spoiler handle to a pot. I am able to set the arming and travel OK thru Pete's new joystick mod. The problem is that the arm zone is now very long. If moved from closed to about half way, still shows armed.

If you are talking about the interim release facilities for spoilers, the "arm" zone is as long as you calibrate it to be, no longer, no shorter. Please attend to rather more careful calibration.

If you cannot get any resolution on the joystick lever between places sufficiently far apert to know where the "Arm" detente is, then there is either something very wrong with your joystick calibration in the first place, or, just possibly, you've set a slope in FSUIPC with steep endpoints? Set the slope to zero (flat) for spoilers.

If you are using FS's assignments, not FSUIPC's new axis assignment facilities, you need to make sure your Windows calibration is very good, AND that the sensitivities and null zone sliders in FS are set correctly. For best use of any axis the FS sensitivity needs to be maxed (full right) and the null zone off (full left). Anything esle will waste large portions of your lever sensitivity.

Regards

Pete