The simFlight Network Forums

Slope value question

Hi everyone, I have a registered version of FSUIPC 3.52 and must say it's a very useful software. I am currently trying to set up my new CH Throttle Quadrant in the Keyboards -> Throttles section of FSUIPC.

I have no problem setting the reverser, idle and max values for each throttle but I am a little confused as to what to set the "slope" value for each throttle to. I have currently each throttle's slope value set to about the same as that throttle's idle value (about -7000 I think). However I would like to know what the slope value should truly be set at.

Thanks in advance for any help on this subject. Regards, JTH.

I am a little confused as to what to set the "slope" value for each throttle to. I have currently each throttle's slope value set to about the same as that throttle's idle value (about -7000 I think). However I would like to know what the slope value should truly be set at.

Erwhere are you reading this "slope value" please? The only "slope" facility offered in FSUIPC is one based on curves selectable graphically. They do have a reference number, but only a small one (-15 to +15, with 0 = straight). Please see the pictures in the documentation, where both extremes are illustrated.

For throttles you'd normally want a linear response unless your throttle lever is very off-kilter in its resolution. The "slopes" are mainly useful on the main flight controls. You make them less sensitive near the centre whilst more sensitive at the extremes -- the "S" shaped curves with a flattened centre is the most useful (+ve "slope" values).

There is nowhere which offers anything called a "slope" with values like -7000. I really cannot imagine what you are doing there I'm afraid.

Regards,

Pete

Pete, apologies for the confusion.

What I was referring to was the unnamed field under the "idle" field. It is just to the left of the slope button and therefore I thought slope was referring to that field. Could you tell me what value I should put in it?

Thanks in advance.

What I was referring to was the unnamed field under the "idle" field. It is just to the left of the slope button and therefore I thought slope was referring to that field. Could you tell me what value I should put in it?

It isn't "unnamed", it is part of the defined "idle" or "centre" zone -- there are always two values for any zone, one at each end. You cannot define a zone with one vlaue, that is just a point!!

Please re-check the documentation. You are evidently not following the calibration steps outlined clearly. In particular step 6 which includes these words:

Pressing the centre “Set” button will enter the value in one or other of the two boxes beneath. Each time you press Set the alternate value is recorded, and the boxes show the two most recent values in order (lower above higher). If the values are the same you will have no dead zone around the centre.

Please start at Step 1, proceed through the subsequent steps, and read each one. Dont' skip any, then you cannot go wrong!

Pete