The simFlight Network Forums

Locked=1 in FS config question

Hi,

I notice that if I put under the 2 axis/joysticks sections, the wording Locked=1, that it might help the axis settings from changing. I say this as I brought up a flight and then noitced that some of the axis/joystick settings had changed a bit, ie. brakes, flaps, spoiler, even roll or pitch, etc.

Whats more strange is that if I change it to Locked=0, in order to change something, that when I come back to the config, that line of code has gone (the Locked=0). Then the other day, I deleted both Locked lines all together, and when I went back into config, the Locked=1 had now reappeared!!!, but only on the section where most of my axis/joysticks are and not on the 2nd joystick section. These axis/joystick sections seem to have a mind of their own. I know you had mentioned sme bugs relating to these settings.

I know, Pete, that you thought that this Locked line of code was maybe not needed. I know your docs talk about it.

What do you think about using it.

Thanks

Randy

I notice that if I put under the 2 axis/joysticks sections, the wording Locked=1, that it might help the axis settings from changing.

I assume you mean in the joystick sections of the FS CFG file?

I didn't think the LOCKED parameter did anything in FS2004. In fact I seem to remember it only ever worked in versions of FS before FS2002, when Microsoft changed the whole joystick system to DirectInput. It was DirectInput that really drove me to do things in FSUIPC as I couldn't get any control otherwise for my EPIC devices.

I say this as I brought up a flight and then noitced that some of the axis/joystick settings had changed a bit, ie. brakes, flaps, spoiler, even roll or pitch, etc.

Changed in FS's CFG file? There's no calibration information there at all, only the Scale (sensitivity slider values) and the null zone, both set from the sliders. They shouldn't change on their own.

The original use of "LOCKED" was to prevent assignments changing when some loads of FS had different joysticks connected, or some re-arrangement of USB connections had occurred in the interim.

Whats more strange is that if I change it to Locked=0, in order to change something, that when I come back to the config, that line of code has gone (the Locked=0).

Locked=0 is probably default, so isn't needed and isn't output when FS re-writes the CFG file, as it does on each FS close. If it did output this then it would always be there.

Then the other day, I deleted both Locked lines all together, and when I went back into config, the Locked=1 had now reappeared!!!

It sounds like you did it when FS was still running. No such changes stick when FS is running as it will rewrite it from its internal settings on closing.

I know, Pete, that you thought that this Locked line of code was maybe not needed. I know your docs talk about it.

What do you think about using it.

I really didn't think it actually does anything useful. I'm not sure what these "changes" you are detecting are, but FS doesn't do any calibration in any case.

If you aren't happy using FS for joystick allocations, note that since FSUIPC 3.536 you can disable the joystick in FS and use FSUIPC for all assignments, as documented.

Regards,

Pete