The simFlight Network Forums

No fog, no low visibility and FSUIPC

To Pete Dowson

Today I could not get low visibility at FS9. When I set the visibility for example to 1/2 mi, the runway lights illuminate, but the visibility does not get low. Any changing of FSUIPC settings did not help. Just when I remove the FSUIPC.DLL things are normal again.

My video card: ATI 9800 pro, FSUIPC 3.53.

My fsuipc.log

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.53 by Pete Dowson *********

Running inside FS2004 (FS9.1 CONTROLS.DLL, FS9.1 WEATHER.DLL)

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC not user registered

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=0000B027[0000B027]

InitDelay: 0 seconds

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=0

2047 System time = 12:46:19

2047 E:\FS2004\

2047 System time = 12:46:19, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)

5063 E:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Bernfried Arntjen\Eigene Dateien\Flight Simulator Files\UI generated flight.flt

5172 AIRCRAFT\DreamFleet A36\BonanzaA36_2k4v2.5.air

5297 Aircraft="DreamFleet Beech Bonanza A36"

14781 Module [M1] identified = "sb3gaugebridge.dll"

14797 Module [M1] "sb3gaugebridge.dll" access registration is okay

19563 E:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Bernfried Arntjen\Eigene Dateien\Flight Simulator Files\EDLN172.flt

19672 AIRCRAFT\F1_Cessna_172\F1_Cessna_172.air

19813 Aircraft="Flight One Skyhawk 172R ES-ANS"

20734 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

22328 Module [M1] identified = "sb3gaugebridge.dll"

24078 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

64266 WeatherOptions set, now 0000B027 (timer=0)

69141 System time = 12:47:26, FS2004 time = 13:18:09 (11:18Z)

69141 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 2 Allocs, 64 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ****

Thanks in advance for any help

Bernie

Today I could not get low visibility at FS9. When I set the visibility for example to 1/2 mi, the runway lights illuminate, but the visibility does not get low. Any changing of FSUIPC settings did not help. Just when I remove the FSUIPC.DLL things are normal again.

FSUIPC isn't actually doing anything itself as your FSUIPC is not registered. Since it isn't registered there won't have been any settings you could have changed.

Regards,

Pete

Does it mean, that I can not get fog with an unregistered FSUIPC?

No, it means that FSUIPC doesn't offer any facilities for you to change the weather settings. It doesn't touch FS's weather at all unless asked, and you can't ask it.

If your weather is being changed through FSUIPC it will be another program doing it, or else you have some problem with your graphics card or its driver settings. Why having FSUIPC there or not would make any difference I've no idea, but generally it will be because of whatever is using it.

Anyway, delete your FSUIPC.INI file before running FS next time, in case it has been corrupted.

Regards,

Pete

One think I recall, when someone else had a similar problem, was this: add

TableFog=0 into the [DISPLAY.Device *] section of the FS9.CFG file.

This, I presume, fixes a problem some drivers have with the way FS displays fog. I think this snippen originally came from a post on one of the AVSI< forums, back in January.

On the other hand I think the person who tried it got it to work only once, then it reverted. What did fix it in the end was a re-install of FS -- apparently he had something corrupted.

Personally, before taking such a step, I would try deleting the default-loaded FLT + WX files (or even all your WX files) and possibly also the FS9.CFG file. This is because I think the most likely scenario is a corrupted WX file, maybe from a bad download.

Corrupted WX files have long been known to cause odd problems, and these could well change with or without some other add-on present, whether FSUIPC or something else. This is because the presense of the add-ons changes the memory configuration and the timing of events, so different things happen as a result of the one original problem.

I hope this is of some help.

Regards,

Pete