The simFlight Network Forums

Help! Capability Question

I'd like to use the great (relativily) graphics of a program like MS flight sim to model a physics model simulation.

I know FSUIPC can be used to give throttle commands etc, and I've seen autopilots simulate using FSUIPC, but can one control the aircrafts position in space via FSUIPC?

I.e. I'd like to edit altitude, speed, gps position, heading type variables and be able to view where my aircraft is without using MS flight sims physics model.

Can FSUIPC supprot this? I tried reading some of the documention, but there was too much info!

I know FSUIPC can be used to give throttle commands etc, and I've seen autopilots simulate using FSUIPC, but can one control the aircrafts position in space via FSUIPC?

You can set Latitude, Longitude, Altitude, Pitch, Bank, Heading. In FS2004 you can set this in flight modes, in previous versions the sim has to be in Slew, Pause or Zero Rate mode. In Flight modes the sim engine will be moving it between your updates of course.

I.e. I'd like to edit altitude, speed, gps position, heading type variables and be able to view where my aircraft is without using MS flight sims physics model.

The airspeed is a result of the sim engine and is a physical thing. You can't actually change the sim engine results -- or at least not for long (up to one frame). If you don't want the sim engine running then you use slew or pause mode, or even zero sim rate mode.

GPS position is a result of using a GPS -- it is the actual world coordinates you change -- i.e. you move the aircraft, not fiddle GPS readings.

Regards,

Pete

• 2 weeks later...