The simFlight Network Forums

single-line messages

hallo, should be suppressed in this change also the Multiplayer Messages from Ivao & Vatsim ?

I tested this morning, but there is no change......

"4. [New in 3.558] An option is also provided to suppress from applications being displayed. This is to replace another lesser-used application of AdvDisplay to handle unwanted screen messages from those programs which don't make them optional."

hc_003800600.jpg[/img][/url]

hallo, should be suppressed in this change also the Multiplayer Messages from Ivao & Vatsim ?

Is this a message from FS's multiplayer routines, or from a program using FSUIPC to display it? I am only suppressing the latter, assuming that option is selected. If it is from an IVAO module installed in FS which uses the FS facilities directly, then FSUIPC doesn't see it. Unlike AdvDisplay, FSUIPC isn't currently hooking the FS display routines.

I don't have any programs which produce such messages except through FSUIPC. I could possibly add the intercept to FSUIPC and make it remove the others too, assuming AdvDisplay used to, but distinguishing between those from add-ons, add-ins and FS wouldn't be possible. It would be all or nothing.

Please clarify.

Regards,

Pete

Thank's,

i'm not a programmer, but i think this messages comes from the Multiplayer function in FS over the Ivao&Vatsim. Also this messages comes, when you playing in a home network Multiplayer.

I'm using Advdisplay only with the function "Hide always" and this supress all this messages. Many of the Pnline Players use this proceeding,

Perhaps you can insert this function in "FSUIPC Disable all messages" like it in advdisplay "hide allways" is it use.

HOPEFULL

Stefan

i think this messages comes from the Multiplayer function in FS over the Ivao&Vatsim. Also this messages comes, when you playing in a home network Multiplayer.

Ah, in that case it is a built-in FS function. Yes, the addition I made to FSUIPC was not intended to remove those, only those from application programs.

I'm using Advdisplay only with the function "Hide always" and this supress all this messages. Many of the Pnline Players use this proceeding,

Perhaps you can insert this function in "FSUIPC Disable all messages" like it in advdisplay "hide allways" is it use.

Okaythis will include FS's scrolling ATIS message too. But it won't be "all messages" -- multiline messages are controlled by the other two options. So it will be "Hide all single line messages". Okay?

Regards,

Pete

Okaythis will include FS's scrolling ATIS message too. But it won't be "all messages" -- multiline messages are controlled by the other two options. So it will be "Hide all single line messages". Okay?

I think that's correct, if you can insert this function, it would be really great. I can test it gladly for you. just send me a email.

regards Stefan