The simFlight Network Forums

New version?

I have downloaded version 3.60 from http://www.schiratti.com. Is this really version 3.60? The FSUIPC.DLL is still dated jan 01 2006.

No. You are reading a cached file! There are notes on the website as to what to do, please read them. This is reported on every new release. No one reads the notes? See "Important information and download troubleshooting FAQ at the bottom of the page."

Pete

Hi Pete,

Sorry, you were right.

IMHO a better place for the "cache warning" is the beginning of the page because it doesn't come in view if you simply want to download a new version of FSUIPC.

Regards,

Hugo

IMHO a better place for the "cache warning" is the beginning of the page because it doesn't come in view if you simply want to download a new version of FSUIPC.

Please write to the website owner. I don't have any control over what happens there. I'll write to Mr. Schiratti as well. I supply my modules to about 50 websites. The Schiratti site is the only one which puts them all in one place which is why I tend to refer folks to it, and it has been the same as it is now for about 7 years.

The problem with file caching is actually specific to a few Internet Providers, not many, and even with those the files do seem to gradually trickle through. I think it is to do with date and time checks, which appear to be missing in some ISP implementations. Here I always see the files immediately Mr. Schiratti uploads them.

Local caching in folks own PCs is easy to deal with. On FireFox there's a "refresh" facility which deals with it (a sort of blue re-cycling icon).

Regards,

Pete

I don´t know how it works. Every time I would like to download the new version there is the old one. I don´t understand, what I have to do, to empty the browser cache. Please help.

Roland

You use Internet Explorer? Try "Refresh" (icon at the top, left of the little house. Firefox has a similar one. And what does it say on the web site? Ctrl+F5? Did you try it?

I don't understand why some ISPs don't update their files either. I should complain to them if I were you. Mine seems okay, but I have no control over the Internet, sorry.

Regards,

Pete

Hi All,

I don't think the "Reload" button with Firefox helps (like I experienced, it only refreshes the cached content of the the html page, but if a link on that page points to a file with a name that is already cached, the file itself is not reloaded if you are clicking the link). For Thunderbird you need to empty the cache as follows : Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Cache and select the button "Clear cache now".

Regards,

Hugo

I don't think the "Reload" button with Firefox helps (like I experienced, it only refreshes the cached content of the the html page, but if a link on that page points to a file with a name that is already cached, the file itself is not reloaded if you are clicking the link). For Thunderbird you need to empty the cache as follows : Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Cache and select the button "Clear cache now"

Thanks. I don't know Thunderbird, but it appears to be the same for Firefox. I see that Enrico has put instructions for Internet Explorer on the download page now, in red! ;-)

Regards

Pete

:oops: shame on me, Thunderbird is not the browser but the email client of Mozilla. The correct text (except for my poor English) must be:

I don't think the "Reload" button with Firefox helps (like I experienced, it only refreshes the cached content of the the html page, but if a link on that page points to a file with a name that is already cached, the file itself is not reloaded if you are clicking the link). For Firefox you need to empty the cache as follows : Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Cache and select the button "Clear cache now".

I had made the same mistake twice in the text and did only one replacement :roll: .

Hugo