The simFlight Network Forums

version 3.60 prob...

g'day from oz...

registered user and just tried v 3.60.

i use etienne martin's push back guage (available at all the usual suspects) which (with fsuipc with v3.60) hangs the sim on opening the gauge panel for use (it just freezes - hourglass displayed, can still use other apps but fs9 ceases to respond).

roll back to v3.53 and everything is fine.

thought i'd share the info in case anecdotes are useful to mr d!!

i use etienne martin's push back guage (available at all the usual suspects) which (with fsuipc with v3.60) hangs the sim on opening the gauge panel for use (it just freezes - hourglass displayed, can still use other apps but fs9 ceases to respond).

As far as I know I've done nothing which would change anything in any area that would affect such things, but the changes between 3.53 and 3.6 are extensive.

The precursors to 3.6 have been on release here, in the Interim Versions announcement, bit by bit, over many separate 3.5xx releases since Christmas with no such problems reported. It has been because all of the last pre-releases, downloaded and tested by many hundreds of folks, have been so problem free that I have just at last released a new version.

The next version I hope won't be needed for many more months.

Please write to the author in the first instance in any case. If Mr. Martin cannot resolve his problem, then he can get in touch with me. It may be relying on some undocumented property which has now changed -- the only interface supported is the one that is documented.

If it is a freeware gauge I could try it here for him (where do I get it?), but please note that I am on holiday from Tuesday until May 13th.

Regards,

Pete

Okay, found it.

In fact it isn't hung, it is just trying to read millions of Payload centres.

There are two errors here, one it mine and one it Etienne's, but mine is the worse. The gauge reads the count of payload stations, provided by FSUIPC at a particular offset. Unfortunately, in this version (and some time back over the last few weeks), that count has been corrupted and now reads rubbish. I will fix that immediately.

Etienne's error is in using the count without imposing a maximum of 61 stations, which is all there is room for in FSUIPC. This limit is actually documented. Evidently he felt that there was no need to check this as it would presumably be unlikely that more stations would be present (though I suppose one could conceive of an airliner model with a separate payload for every seat).

I will fix 3.60 and release it as 3.601 before I leave for my holidays.

Regards,

Pete

truely excellent support...

Thanks.

Version 3.601 is now available in the Interim Versions announcement above. I won't make a full user release of it as there are bound to be a few more silly errors yet. Even though I make advanced releases here regularly in the hope that everything gets tested before full release, there are just too many possibilities and it is impossible to re-test everything each time.

Good flying!

Pete